hard shift into 2nd...part 2 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
so...as previously stated, im having a hard shift into 2nd. "swank60" said his was doing this due to a bad seal between tranny/transfer. i think my problem is worse.
i took my rig in this morning to a local LC shop i trust, and they said w/out pulling the tranny out, it feels like it needs to be overhauled. they obviously wont know more until they pull it apart.
question: if i need a total tranny overhaul, are there some options any of you could suggest? i mean would it be best to have them rebuild it, or would this be a good time to do an H55? im at wits end here, as this job they are doing for me could reach the thousands. HELP!!! -Sean

ps they are doing a clutch too, so you can imagine how much im already spending....uhhhhh!

Did you check that shifter seat before you took it to these guys? I have heard of people rebuilding because of that $15 part. Shops love to make money for nothing!

silvercrusher said:
Did you check that shifter seat before you took it to these guys? I have heard of people rebuilding because of that $15 part. Shops love to make money for nothing!

talkn bout the shift bushings under top cover of tranny? kurt told me to chk that too, if were talkn bout same thing. -sean

hullendersauce said:
talkn bout the shift bushings under top cover of tranny? kurt told me to chk that too, if were talkn bout same thing. -sean

The shifter seat is a little blue rubber thingy that the shift lever rides on--pull the shift lever inside the cab and see if yours is in good shape. Mine was pretty nasty at 170k miles, and I was having trouble shifting sometimes--a new one made it shift smoothly.

It's part #77:

062C.gif

man if youre talking thousands i would definitely do the h55. thats my plan i think im actually treating the one i have like s*** so it will need replacing and i can have a real good reason to get the h55

head of myself

yeah. im leaning towards either a used/local one for 300, or just sayin fu@* it and spend the 1550 etc, on the upgrade. its still under the knife at the shop. im getn a lil ahead of myself i guess. ill keep yall posted. thank for all yalls input(s)!
-other sean

Take mine for a test drive...;)

Hey, Hullendersauce...I like trying to get other people to spend their money...

Come by and drive my cruiser, same tire size w/the H55F, but with the 4.11s... you may love it. (heh, heh, heh) Especially since it's a dual purpose DD/wheelin' rig for you. Never ran the 33's with 3.7s, but you'd be suprized the 1st is juuuust lower enough to help you get off the line.

Lemmeno...

Cardinal

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom