Hard half doors (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone know where I can buy some hard half doors for my 74' fj40? I have looked in FAQ but have only found people building there own

Good call. Mine are nice, but I have probably 60 man-hours into them and they're not 100% finished.

You could send a PM to SouthBostonFJ and see if he can get some steel ones from Ehsan in Pakistan, or...

Land Cruiser Accessories - ******Aluminum* Replacement* Bodies* & *Accessories *for* Land* Cruisers,* Jeeps**&* Samurai's

5969186_orig.jpg

i have gone round and round trying to find something aftremarket 1/2 doors and after lookin at tube door:princess:say no ! arter looking at dimond plate ones and almost got some but after much time i think the best way is to buy some old doors and make em
im picking up a set tomorrow for 300 and will start my new doors.
oh and dont you go to hell for putting dimond plate on a 40:D

I did this too. I started with $200 for donor doors. Then it was $300 to cut and weld then. Then I stripped them and painted the doors. I haven't finished painting the latch and window regulator yet, but I'm $500 and several hours deep and don't have doors yet. Tube doors are a much more economical way to go. Maybe you could make some removable skins for the tube doors for when the :princess: isn't with you.

Why not make a set like stated above? I made some for a friend to learn on, and I made a set for another guy, that ended up selling his rig... Those are gonna go on mine.
Mask out the angles you want, cut em, cap em off, paint em. It's not that hard one you start. On mine , I cut in and framed an access panel to the linkage. Came out pretty nice actually. I have the "newer" doors that are thicker and seemingly a bit more difficult to build. Found that some 2.5 in thin wall square stock if cut in half makes for a really nice, clean cap.
Fasteddys came out really nice too using some tubing.

Wow, do Cruiser doors really go for that much! I picked up a set for $50 in perfect shape. One of the best things about being a UPS driver in the country is finding all the cool junk people have laying around in there yards and buying it from them.

I haven't started my half doors yet, I am still finishing my girlfriend's half doors for her pickup, but they look like they are going to be way easier then the pickup ones have been. I'm just finding that welding sheetmetal is a pain in the rump. At least the Cruiser is going to be a little thicker and easier to work with becuase it's flat.

Unfortunately, Ehsan has discontinued half doors.

Just off subject a little, don't mean to Hijack a tread...Does Ehsan still offer Paki tops and bows? I recently inquired about some used bows and this member said he'd let them go for $600. I thought that was a little high but I'm not too sure. I'd like to buy the top and the bows

Wow, do Cruiser doors really go for that much! I picked up a set for $50 in perfect shape. One of the best things about being a UPS driver in the country is finding all the cool junk people have laying around in there yards and buying it from them.

I haven't started my half doors yet, I am still finishing my girlfriend's half doors for her pickup, but they look like they are going to be way easier then the pickup ones have been. I'm just finding that welding sheetmetal is a pain in the rump. At least the Cruiser is going to be a little thicker and easier to work with becuase it's flat.

110v MIG and .023 wire makes life a TON EASIER when welding thin ga. steel. My doors I had used my 220v w/ flux core and that was a PITA. I recently built my own tank for my 40 and borrowed a friends 110v w/ gas and .023...welded the whole tank up including the sump and filler neck WITHOUT ONE SINGLE BURN THROUGH. If that isnt convincing enough, last night I filled the hole where the stock filler WAS, again...no burn through.
Dont like it for much else, but for sheet metal work, it CANT be beat and is worth EVERY PENNY for the gas configuration!
Everything else, Ill stick with flux core wire. For me, that is where its at.

Just off subject a little, don't mean to Hijack a tread...Does Ehsan still offer Paki tops and bows? I recently inquired about some used bows and this member said he'd let them go for $600. I thought that was a little high but I'm not too sure. I'd like to buy the top and the bows

You mean me?

I'm his US distributor. I have new bows.

I did this too. I started with $200 for donor doors. Then it was $300 to cut and weld then. Then I stripped them and painted the doors. I haven't finished painting the latch and window regulator yet, but I'm $500 and several hours deep and don't have doors yet.

:eek: i have MAYBE $200 in mine. sold my 75 doors for earlier doors ($55 difference, $15 in material, did work myself) was intimidating at first, but it's relatively easy just time consuming. probably took me 6-7 hours going slowly.

:eek: i have MAYBE $200 in mine. sold my 75 doors for earlier doors ($55 difference, $15 in material, did work myself) was intimidating at first, but it's relatively easy just time consuming. probably took me 6-7 hours going slowly.

If you can weld, it makes this a much less expensive proposition. The thin gauge metal is difficult to weld even for someone who is experienced.

If you can weld, it makes this a much less expensive proposition. The thin gauge metal is difficult to weld even for someone who is experienced.

The only way to get better is to just do it. Once you can, the possibilities are endless as well as the cost savings. It amazes so many folks on here can afford this hobby without being able to weld, or even try to learn. it's not that hard.

i never welded on a car in my life and i have done all the floor /fender/ hood/big ass holes on both the back rockers .etc
i had a killer time doing it and once you start welding you wont ever want to stop !
and the thin steal is good for you to master your control grasshoper.
that being sead i cant wate to start cuting the doors i got today for 300 bucks. i got the glass and all the frame crank and junk out :wrench::beer: o so fun!!!

Aluminum tread plate, eeewwwwww:p

Unless that's your motif and style, then it's beeeutiful.

They should at least use a pic of an FJ40 door to sell them:rolleyes:

It's steel, and they make them smooth too. Take the time to read before you bitch about them. :doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom