Hard half doors (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If I do the half doors I will make them. I already have an extra set of doors for doing it. A mig welder with gas shield is the best way to go, but you can easily do it with flux core wire, just plan on extra work to grind all the little splatter off. Post below is about as many different ways as possible. I really like the guy who took some muffler pipe bent it to the shape he wanted gut it in half and used that for the top (post 23). It is such a brilliant idea.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/40-55-series-tech/134061-hard-half-doors-faq.html

Another option. I have a set of best top soft half doors that got torn. Guess their not designed to drag across a rock. Anyway my plan is to cut off the fabric and layer them with a piece of sheet metal. Probably 16 ga. or so. Not as nice as a costom cut factory door but should do the trick.

Another option. I have a set of best top soft half doors ... my plan is to cut off the fabric and layer them with a piece of sheet metal. Probably 16 ga. or so.

The price->performance of this could not be beat. The hinges and latch are done. Post a thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom