1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hard door removal

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by Deckpilot, Feb 23, 2004.

1. Deckpilot

Deckpilot

I would assume you remove the hinge pins and leave the hinge half attatched to the door. If so, how do those hinge pins come out? Mine have a round head, no nut or anything. Do you just tap them out with a drift or what?

2. fsusteve

fsusteve

Media:
    Albums:
    From the bottom, just like a door hinge IIRC as I haven't used mine in years. Maybe some PB Blaster if they're sticking.

3. folsom50

folsom50

Media:
    There will be a set of plastic bushings in there also, if you have any slop in the hinge then replace the bushings. I think Kurt at cruiseroutfitters has them for like $1 a piece.

4. Herky

Herky

The hinges can be very tough to get out. I've used different methods. What has worked for me was a combonation of screw drivers and hammers. Try using a flat head screw driver to get underneath the "head" of the pin. You can also come in from underneath with an old philips head. After I finally got mine out this last time, I found where it was hanging up and smoothed it out some with a drill.

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">