Hard door removal

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by Deckpilot, Feb 23, 2004.

1. Deckpilot

Deckpilot

I would assume you remove the hinge pins and leave the hinge half attatched to the door. If so, how do those hinge pins come out? Mine have a round head, no nut or anything. Do you just tap them out with a drift or what?

2. fsusteve

fsusteve

Media:
    Albums:
    From the bottom, just like a door hinge IIRC as I haven't used mine in years. Maybe some PB Blaster if they're sticking.

3. folsom50

folsom50

Media:
    There will be a set of plastic bushings in there also, if you have any slop in the hinge then replace the bushings. I think Kurt at cruiseroutfitters has them for like $1 a piece.

4. Herky

Herky

The hinges can be very tough to get out. I've used different methods. What has worked for me was a combonation of screw drivers and hammers. Try using a flat head screw driver to get underneath the "head" of the pin. You can also come in from underneath with an old philips head. After I finally got mine out this last time, I found where it was hanging up and smoothed it out some with a drill.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.