Hard brake line issues (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I replaced my hard brake lines in my 100 series and took both long runs out in one piece. I then formed some Nicop line to the factory lines I pulled out and flared the lines and put new fittings on. Getting them back in was a daunting task to say the least but I got them in. Went to bleed it today and every one of the fittings is leaking. The new fittings are 3/16 albeit a little shorter than the fittings that came out. I then cut the lines in the front that connected to the t's on the frame and put a factory fitting from the old brake lines I took out (thinking it was a fitting issue) and it still leaks. So frustrating. Anyone have any advice? Also I tried to find preformed hard lines and can't seem to find the long runs anywhere on the web.

20220517_190808.jpg

20220517_144742.jpg

20220517_144747.jpg

20220517_190704.jpg

20220517_190714.jpg

What do the ends of the lines look like where you put the double flares?

FYI: All the preformed OEM lines are still available new from Toyota. The NiCop will last longer, though.

Thanks for the reply. The double flares looked fine. I've done this a number of times on other vehicles I've owned and never had an issue. I'm going to try to get them reseated tomorrow and if that doesn't work I will use your link and buy the factory lines.

Thanks for the reply. The double flares looked fine. I've done this a number of times on other vehicles I've owned and never had an issue. I'm going to try to get them reseated tomorrow and if that doesn't work I will use your link and buy the factory lines.
Might be an issue with the nut length then. I bought a batch from NAPA when I was making NiCop lines for the 40 that were stubby compared to the OEM flare nuts.

Might be an issue with the nut length then. I bought a batch from NAPA when I was making NiCop lines for the 40 that were stubby compared to the OEM flare nuts.
I think you're right. Did the stubby ones work or did you have to get new flare nuts?

I switched the 4 fittings to the oem fittings and reflare the lines. I got them seated and at least now they don't appear to be leaking. I need to bleed the system now. The reservoir has never went dry during this process. Can I just do the two man method like a regular brake flush? Or do I need to bleed the abs with the 40 pump technique?

Follow FSM procedure. Key off, Pump 40+ times until the pedal drops out and then make sure the reservoir is filled up. Then turn key ON, hold pedal down, and crack a bleeder open. Without Techstream to activate the system, it will take some time to bleed all 4 corners, but certainly doable without if you have hours to spare.

Follow FSM procedure. Key off, Pump 40+ times until the pedal drops out and then make sure the reservoir is filled up. Then turn key ON, hold pedal down, and crack a bleeder open. Without Techstream to activate the system, it will take some time to bleed all 4 corners, but certainly doable without if you have hours to spare.
I did the front passenger then front driver until there were no bubbles then did the back. Took 5 or 6 go's each before no air was coming out. My pedal is nice and firm..no abs light no leaks. I should be good? Didn't take that long to do the rears unless I'm missing something. I really appreciate the advice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom