Harbor Freight Jack Stand Recall May 2020 - Item Numbers 56371, 61196, and 61197 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just saw this and wanted to get the word out:

https://images.harborfreight.com/hftweb/recalls/Jack-Stand-Recall-56371_61196_61197.pdf

1589990387800.png

Gah. Of all the things I wouldn't want to fail...

I don't have them but thanks for sharing.

Put mine in the truck last night and got there just-in-time for the guy to lock the door.....GRRRRR
Oh well I'll take them back tonight.

sticker gone, had to go to purchase history...
gotta get mine returned ... sometime (esp difficulter b/c the nearest HF is like 2 hours afar...).

I've decided to do my part and avoid buying cheap crap from China just because its a great price. The ones I have are from Princess Auto. I have a pair of blue and a pair of yellow 6T stands. Though PA has no recall posted, i'M 100% certain these these things are the same junk as HF. I'm changing mine out for these 5000S 10T mid lift jack stands. Made in Canada and properly safety rated too. Its great to know that we still make something in this country. This model should work great and also be tall enough for the correct frame jack locations instead of the axle housings. I just got off the phone with them and I'm feeling safer already.

Last edited:
Mine are 69569 I guess that's why I'm not dead yet? They look exactly like the 61197

Thanks @ZackR , I saw this update last night:

Today, I feel even worse. I'm disappointed and embarrassed because we've identified a welding defect in a small number of the Pittsburgh 3 ton steel jack stands (SKU 56373) that replaced the recalled jack stands. We're now adding these jack stands to our recall. Unfortunately, this defect wasn't discovered during the initial recall investigation. If you own these jack stands or any of the jack stands in our original recall, whether or not you have had an issue with them, please stop using them immediately and bring them back to your local Harbor Freight Store for a full cash refund or store credit (see details here).

We have investigated all of our other Pittsburgh 3 ton steel jack stands (SKUs 56371, 56372 and 57308) as well as the Pittsburgh 6 ton steel jack stands (SKUs 56368, 56369 and 56370) and Pittsburgh 12 ton steel jack stands (SKUs 56374 and 56375) and did not find the defect. Although none of these other jack stands are being recalled, if you own any of them and have any concern whatsoever, please bring them back and we'll give you a full cash refund or store credit for those as well.

Attachments

• Important Information About Jack Stands.pdf
    58.1 KB · Views: 120
Finally did the right thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom