Harbor Freight coupons (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
New coupon/ price tracker site added 8-19-2023

Thread in the daily deals section of mud:

Link added 2/17/15
Harbor Freight Coupon Database - http://www.hfqpdb.com

I thought I'd turn this into a coupon code thread since the angle grinder is no longer on sale. Ill try to update as i get new codes.

ERG80

Angle Grinder no longer on sale.

Heads up they've got a sale on these right now for $9.99 plus you can probably find coupon codes for a percentage off your order. Ive had good luck with my two.

4-1/2" Angle Grinder

Its also a good idea to clean the grease out and put higher quality stuff in before use. It quiets them down

Last edited:
I have one with the head stripped. These were junk. Might be better now, but mine sucked. Oh yeah... I frequent harbor.... I'm not a hater. :)

Burned one up and returned it already the Drill Master stuff doesn't seem to be as good as the Chicago Electric, my Chicago Electric one lasted for five or six years of heavy use. They are on sale for $19.99.

I would never buy one. Think how much those poor slaves assemblers are getting paid to put one together.

Secondly, think about your safety if one came apart and flew parts into your face.

Two weeks ago, a Chinese jack I was using to lift a truck up, collapsed as I was removing the last jack stand.

In my experience, HF angle grinders and polishers have gear failures.

Chicago electric grinder: 1 year of light service before gear failure. Gear noise from day one.

Chicago Electric polisher: ~8 uses before gear failure. Even at the super low price, I feel like it was a waste of money.

Both CE units had the same symptoms: massive gear noise from the box accompanied by slight vertical play in the output shaft. After gear failure, the ring gear was stripped smooth and the pinion gear was pretty crappy-looking. The grinder and polisher had nearly identical transmissions.

Porter Cable grinder: 8 years of hard service, yet quieter and stronger than the HF unit. Runs strong today. If I replace the polisher, I will consider a PC.

I would never buy one. Think how much those poor slaves assemblers are getting paid to put one together.

Secondly, think about your safety if one came apart and flew parts into your face.

Two weeks ago, a Chinese jack I was using to lift a truck up, collapsed as I was removing the last jack stand.
You should probably look into the whole "slave labor in China" thing a little closer.

In my experience, HF angle grinders and polishers have gear failures.

Chicago electric grinder: 1 year of light service before gear failure. Gear noise from day one.

Chicago Electric polisher: ~8 uses before gear failure. Even at the super low price, I feel like it was a waste of money.

Both CE units had the same symptoms: massive gear noise from the box accompanied by slight vertical play in the output shaft. After gear failure, the ring gear was stripped smooth and the pinion gear was pretty crappy-looking. The grinder and polisher had nearly identical transmissions.

Porter Cable grinder: 8 years of hard service, yet quieter and stronger than the HF unit. Runs strong today. If I replace the polisher, I will consider a PC.
That's the big problem with HF the quality is spotty, my CE angle grinder worked great for years. It only failed because the switch broke, something that happens to many products import or domestic. I suspect the stuff from China will be a lot like the stuff from Japan back in post WWII era, over time quality will improve and become more consistent. But it will happen faster due to the number of quality assurance models the Chinese have to follow.
Speaking of domestic where was your PC grinder made?

Last edited:
I have one HF angle grinder that outlasted my Makita and when the Makita brushes wore out, the spare set of brushes from the HF grinder fit the Makita. I got another HF grinder as a gift and the gears stripped after 2 uses. Luck of the draw?

I've had 4 of the old purple ones for years. Bought them for $9.99 each when they were on sale. One how has died (switch/head problem).

The first thing I did when I got the grinders home was to pull the head apart and lube them properly. I bet 99% of the head failures are because they are not well lubed at the factory..

I've had 4 of the old purple ones for years. Bought them for $9.99 each when they were on sale. One how has died (switch/head problem).

The first thing I did when I got the grinders home was to pull the head apart and lube them properly. I bet 99% of the head failures are because they are not well lubed at the factory..

Agreed. I picked another one up during sale last weekend and removed the head. There was grease in it but none of it was on the gears at all. Cleaned all the nasty cheap green grease out and put some good stuff in. Its working really well.

I have one HF angle grinder that outlasted my Makita and when the Makita brushes wore out, the spare set of brushes from the HF grinder fit the Makita. I got another HF grinder as a gift and the gears stripped after 2 uses. Luck of the draw?
Exactly, the quality is hit or miss. The nice thing is HF will exchange or refund no questions asked for 30 days. So if you buy something use the hell out of it right away.

Mine is 10 years old now. Use pretty often. Can't complain for $10

bet 10 years ago the quality was far different from what you get now ..

I would be careful on the HF grinders and similar without a paddle switch. Once they are on, they are hard to turn off quickly.Read some of the welding forums and they will tell you the dangers of these....
Not worth the difference to me....

I love my Chicago Electric grinder. You can get a 7 inch one too and they rock. I've cut a 4runner and cherokee into pieces with it, no problems. That's when I first started loving Toyotas. When I realized how much more work it was to tear one apart.

I thought I'd turn this into a coupon code thread since the angle grinder is no longer on sale. Ill try to update as i get new codes.

ERG80

DISC20 20% off 1 item
fall10 10% off 1 item

EXPIRED

printable coupons. I heard the auto-darkening welding helmet is pretty good but i dont have one.
Display

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom