Happy with Scion install (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So decided to try out the Scion mod. Couldnt be happier!! I had an old Alpine with disc changer that had been in the truck since 91 and I was tired of changing the CD's everytime I wanted something different. Well I picked up a Scion unit of a fellow Mudder and I am totally impressed with the upgrade. And the big thing is it looks stock!! Well here's a pic of final install.

Thanks

:cheers:
IMG_1578.JPG

Yeah. I can't believe how cheap and easy this is. Should be on the best mods under $100. Mine was under $50 (T1807 for &20 +shipping.) Unless you count the $400 for the 11 stitches in the middle of trimming the dash bezel.
On a side note, dried blood matches the brown interior almost perfectly. .)

I have the same model (1807) and now I have the direct ipod hookup too. Got mine for 45 bucks and installed it (if you dont count trimming the bezel) in 30 minutes!

Where did you get the direct iPod hookup?

DougM

Yeah. I can't believe how cheap and easy this is. Should be on the best mods under $100. Mine was under $50 (T1807 for &20 +shipping.) Unless you count the $400 for the 11 stitches in the middle of trimming the dash bezel.
On a side note, dried blood matches the brown interior almost perfectly. .)
Trimming that dash is such a pain. Almost cut myself doing it too. Get that dremel all caught up in hot, stinky plastic

Where are you finding these scion radios so cheap, ebay?

Ebay is a good spot....I just put a bid in for one in Milwaukee...

many are BIN @ $50ish

are there any major differences between the year model for these radios, aside from 1 disc/6 disc changer?

Some are I-pod ready, some you can change the screen color. Mine is a T1804 the base model, no IPOD and no change colors. But I dont have a IPOD so no big deal.

:cheers:

Search for T1807. There's a thread containing a breakdown of all the units and what they came in.
Ebay is great for these. It took me 2 auctions to get one for $20. The ipod and changer ones go for a lot more, but I've only seen a few go for over $100. Shipping has been in the $15 range.

I put an 1808 in my LX and I am quite happy with it too.

So I ordered a 1807 off ebay for $35 plus $19 shipping, and I recieved a 1806. LOL

From now on when you guys say something needs a little trimming I'll listen. I feel like I ground half my dash off. LOL

Well, I'm off to find how to get the "Scion" off at powerup.
IMG00164.jpg

FYI a little laquer thinner on a paper towel gets rid of the "Scion" on the upper left with no ill effects.
IMG00165.jpg

To remove badges that are painted on I have had pretty good luck with sugar cubes. Doesn't scratch most surfaces and lowers the risks found by using chemicals around plastics.:wrench:

Brad,

Skim through the threads here on the Scion and someone posted the instructions how to program the startup word. Mine says "LANDCRUISER" every time I start the truck, so you can't use that, of course.......

DougM

These stereos look like a good fit. What speakers have you hooked up? Stock?

I would love to find a source of same-sixe speakers that will fit behind the factory grilles but provide better sound. Anyone know of any?

I found the text reprogram procedure. Now mine says cruiser rock on powerup. I may change it later.

I have replaced nearly all my speakers over the last year. I just bought cheap ones on sale and modified the mounts or speakers as necessary. The dash speakers are now 4" the front doors are 5.5" if I remember correctly. I had to space them out slightly, but nothing fancy. The deck puts out pretty good sound, and my 6" factory "sub" in the back is shot. I unplugged it for now, I don't know whether I'll bother replacing it or not. A little 6" speaker 15 feet from my ear can't be all the big of a change. LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom