Happy Valentines Day Trail Ride (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So, it is official. I have spoken to the powers that be and we are officially approved for the Vanlentines Day Trail Ride, Shenandoah Valley, Virginia.

The way this usually works is, we all get to the meeting place when we can and when our schedules allow. Check in to the hotel, relax from the drive down and get ready for dinner.
We will figure out dinner plans there.
After that you are on your own until the morning.

We like to be ready to go between 8-9am, so do what you have to do to be ready.

We also like to have a huge group breakfast in the morning.....

This will all be discussed Friday night.

I am going to get a map from the guys that live down there and get a trail setup for us Cruiser guys. We will have our own trail ride and try to meet the other group(s) for lunch.

These trails can be very easy or very hard depending on weather. This is a trail ride that with just the right tire, you can do everything with ease.
Stock Cherokees, Wranglers, 4Runners, Grand Cherokees... Have no problems at all. I have yet to see a vehicle in our club that would have any problem at all.

The day can be a bit long depending on conditions, but we are generally out by 5pm.

After this,it is back to "camp" and we all get cleaned up and get the day off of us, and then usually go out to one of the Hosts houses for a big get together.

From there it is back to the hotel and we are on our own. Most people like to take a scenic ride home and enjoy the country, some hit it hard and get home as fast as possible.
I tend to go slow and take Rte11 as far as I can before I have to get on 81 then 66 and head home.

The "Camp" for this trip will be The Village Inn.
The Village Inn

5b5b808f5bb9b088900d64ea_The_Village_Inn_Logo.png

4979 S. VALLEY PIKE, HARRISONBURG, VA 22801
RESERVATIONS: (540) 434-7355

Call and make reservations or go online. They will take a credit card but not charge until you check in, so you can pay however you would like. ( I find this very accommodating)

I have never run a trail ride before, so ask questions, because I know I left a lot out.

So far I have -

@b4wheeler
@the green hell
@Stumpalama
@TLEX
@DustyFJ
@Fort Knox Trailer
@Explorer4Hire
@apinti
@Alexsupertramp
@DominicanFZJ80
@PRADO3
@bkfj40
@afgman786
@Jakes40 - maybe
@davidp14
@Tikicruiser
@NearJetties

As the list grows, I will add them here.
If you are towing your vehicle, let me know and I will make a notation by your name.

Thanks

Last edited:
Not much going on that time of year so I should be very solid to participate. Thanks for throwing the idea out to the club. Hopefully we get several guys on board.

This sounds like some sort of organized event. If so, please post more details.

This sounds like some sort of organized event. If so, please post more details.
Seemed pretty comprehensive to me. He talked about it at the meeting... Oh yeah, you weren't there.

Supplement....

Forgot to mention the days.

February 15-17, 2019

This is a trail ride that the former Baltimore 4 Wheelers have been doing with the Shenandoah Valley 4 Wheel Drive club for many years. So it is somwhat organized to a point.

Good thing I got the BFG KO2s on my stock FJC. I'll have to talk with you all in person at the Christmas party or the next meeting about this. As long as dates line up, I should be able to go.

yOUR ko2'S WILL PROBABLY BE A PERFECT TIRE FOR THIS TRIP..

Do a lot of people bring their significant other? I may be in, also might bring the wife. I am hoping my bumper is here by then and my tires are on. will get my UCA's and springs and shocks on right before it gets here so I can just add the weight and be good. It's all I'm waiting for to bolt everything up for phase 1....

Very much a family trail ride. Bring the wife and kids.

The FJC build on my part will be a little slower. I'm actually looking to leave the Toyota parts gig and get into IT to speed up the build from a financial stand point.

I do not. These are actually state roads, just not maintained, so they can get a little rough at times and the snow is never plowed.
They have in the past come up against snow that was impassable...

So we never know what we will get.....

I am going to try and get a map and plan out the route. If I can get that done, I will post a copy for all to see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom