Happy to find High Desert Cruisers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys my name is Ed. I'm a lifetime New Mexican and Land Cruiser nut. I'm a union IATSE carpenter for the movie industry here in the state. When I'm working I have no free time but in between shows I'm game to play.

Currently I own several Cruisers.
As of today my heard consists of;

-2000 lx470 Currently stock. It's a lifetime NM/CO truck with no rust. The previous owner was an old couple who cruised i25 with it. It's got 300k but the interior is perfect and has been properly maintained. I picked up a custom front bumper and a 2" ironman lift kit for it with plans to delete the AHC but my old lady likes the ride as is. My plan was to sell it once I got a fj62 but she gave me a pass to keep it because she considers it a lexus 😉 not a LC.
20220110_161033_copy_1600x1200.jpg

-1987 fj60 that had a complete fj62 conversion done to it. Engine, axles, drivetrain, and interior is all fj62. Now its a fj62 with manual windows and locks. I picked it up out of Las Cruces early this year. It was a father son/build and they did a hell of a good job. It's turnkey and rides great. It has one surface rust spot from the rear window drain and peeling clearcoat on the hood and roof.
20220122_141650_copy_1600x900.jpg

-1990 Fj62 I picked this up from San Cristobol a month or so ago. It's in great condition. It has one dent and a fully cooked/cracked dash and one rust bubble spot on the rear hatch. I didn't need it but the price was right and it was in great condition. It also came with a complete 1983 fj60 (white) that had been in a fender bender then parked for 6+ years. I'm gonna sit on the 83 for now. Its rebuildable and might become a long term project.
20220214_164742_copy_1600x900.jpg
20220214_164916_copy_1600x900.jpg

I'm currently working on the baseline for the 1990. My brother in law wants it. After the baseline is done I'm gonna pass it on to him or keep it and sell the 87 to my brother in law. I like the build process and I've got the space to store it so I might just keep it. Decisions Decisions Decisions

I'd like to join HD Cruisers. I found the website and it suggested I ask here on mud what to do. The site had not been updated since 2018.

Cheers
Ed

Welcome to our slice of MUD. :flipoff2: <- official MUD welcome.

Based on that LC menagerie I would say you will fit into this band of misfits just dandy. As far as the website, we don't use it any more. Folks usually find us through MUD, or Facebook. We only have the website to point folks here.

We meet once a month on the third Saturday at The Daily Grind for breakfast. See the sticky at the top, Club Meeting - Breakfast at Daily Grind - Sat March 19th 9 am. Bring a LC to share. The usual routine is to have breakfast, then move to the parking lot to kick tires. We consume the dirt lot at the north end of the parking lot. Can't miss us.

As far as joining, we are a loose group. You can go here: Membership Dues - Optional for 2022 - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/membership-dues-optional-for-2022.1271409/

Oh, long live the mighty 3FE.

Welcome to HDC, your first step of the 12 step program :rofl:

Welcome to a great group of off road Toyota addicts. Keep an eye on this site for all kinds of information on our club and all things Toyota.:steer::)

Great rigs!! I envy your open real estate

Thanks I live on 2.5 acres with no HOA north of SF city limits. I have room to expand my collection 😉.
oh yes you do. We promote that kind of behavior!

Monthly breakfast this sat if you can make the drive down.

Thanks I live on 2.5 acres with no HOA north of SF city limits. I have room to expand my collection 😉.
I live on 20 acres in far NE Bernalillo County but I have been informed that I am not allowed to start a collection of Land Cruisers.

I live on 20 acres in far NE Bernalillo County but I have been informed that I am not allowed to start a collection of Land Cruisers.
That'll teach you to be happily married.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom