Happy Rock Warrior Day (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.carapacecampers.com
Woo Hoo!!!!

It took some creativity... But look what came in the mail today!

8 Shiny new RW center caps

IMG_7775.jpg

Nice. Do you have the part number for the outside rock rings? Also do you know if there is any type of paint or coating that'd hold up to scratches if I ever wanted anything other than the silver?

I have been trying to get some new center caps...without success. Everywhere shows them as discontinued. Do you mind sharing where you got them?

I got mine (took 3 months) from Bosch, be prepared to have a rock warrior vin...

Nice. Do you have the part number for the outside rock rings? Also do you know if there is any type of paint or coating that'd hold up to scratches if I ever wanted anything other than the silver?
I have had my rings powder coated a few times now. I sanded out the gouges in the wheels themselves and plasti dipped them in a color called “brass monkey”. I’m having the rings powder coated a metallic graphite.
I’ve got 8 matching ones between my truck and trailer.

if you guys want info on getting the caps please send me a PM. I think it’ll get mixed pretty quickly if I put it up here.

Caps are readily available just bought some before I sold my RW with local dealer - PTR18-34071

also the rings as well... PTR45-35110

I think it depends on which distro your dealer orders from...

I have had my rings powder coated a few times now. I sanded out the gouges in the wheels themselves and plasti dipped them in a color called “brass monkey”. I’m having the rings powder coated a metallic graphite.
I’ve got 8 matching ones between my truck and trailer.

if you guys want info on getting the caps please send me a PM. I think it’ll get mixed pretty quickly if I put it up here.
How much cost has it been to get the rings powder coated?

I had painted mine with rattle can to match the face color as mine came very beat up with the set of used rims and liked it enough to paint the centers on my Tundra as well.
Sorry, winter pics on my driveway:

20210122_092733.jpg

20210122_092743.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone have a RW VIN they can lend me ... LOL

I tracked one down ... crazy the dealer did send me a message there is strict ordering only with VIN

I would have thought it would have been easier to find a tundra with a factory 17" RW wheels package ... I had to vin check in Toyota , you would not believe the none factory one out there .

Last edited:
I did the same thing but found a car lot , but ran the VIN to make sure it came with a factory set of RW wheels . The dealer I ordered the caps said Toyota is really tough on ordering these caps . So Weird , I had no problem buying set of brand new RW wheels but they are cracking down on caps is stupid .
I have a feeling Toyota might be discontinuing the RW wheels , I wanted to have a spare set of caps .

I did the same thing but found a car lot , but ran the VIN to make sure it came with a factory set of RW wheels . The dealer I ordered the caps said Toyota is really tough on ordering these caps . So Weird , I had no problem buying set of brand new RW wheels but they are cracking down on caps is stupid .
I have a feeling Toyota might be discontinuing the RW wheels , I wanted to have a spare set of caps .

I just ordered a set of 4 center caps here: Toyota Parts Deal

Never asked to enter a VIN, all went smoothly.

HTH

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom