Happy Memorial Day! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

YezusLX

SILVER Star
Threads
Moderators, please move this if it is inappropriate or in the wrong place. Thank you.

Let me start by opening with a very Happy Memorial Day to everyone. I hope that you are enjoying your time with those you love. This is not intended to be political or inflammatory in any way. It is a dedication to those we lost. Today is an important day here in the United States as we honor our veterans who died in their service or those who passed as a result of their service. I know not everyone here is a US citizen or a veteran. But the sentiment remains the same regardless of your nation of origin, residence, or military service. 12 years ago today, I lost my best friend and brother after his service in the Iraq/Afghan campaigns. It was a difficult time for our family because we could not understand why he did what he did. Fast forward a few years and dozens if not hundreds of Vets later I am getting a small glimpse of what the struggle is like. In my spare time, I speak with, spend time with, and generally hang out with people who struggle with depression as a result of combat and trauma. As a disabled person, I found it cathartic. It helped me understand the burden that depression and PSTD place upon the human mind. I want you to know that as we reflect today, you are NOT alone. Someone cares. Someone misses you. Someone loves you. Please, Please reach out to me or your loved ones or any of the below places if you or someone you know need assistance. I hope this does not bring down the tone of general happiness here. This site and you all are amazing! You have been great to me in my short time here. I just thought I would offer a little hope for those struggling. Please enjoy your Memorial Day. Say the name of those that have fallen. Remember them. Go on an adventure. Drink a beer, eat a great meal, and love your friends/family as a tribute to those we have lost. Thanks, everyone! If you have someone you want us to remember please drop their name below.

Check out any of these places or reach out to me and I will do my best to find you some help.
Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 800-273-TALK (800-273-8255) to reach a trained counselor. Use that same number and press “1” to reach the Veterans Crisis Line.

IMG_0408.jpg

Over 22 years I buried way too many friends and comrades. Remember the fallen…

Echoing the sentiment above. Happy Memorial Day to brothers and sisters in arms. To the fallen, my your sacrifice and that of your family, never be forgotten!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom