Happy as a clam at high tide... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Kev

Threads
Well, after repeated visits to the forum over the last year (and sucking out a lot of really great info), I figured it was time to quit fence-sitting and actually post something. I acquired a fairly decent, bone stock (except for white spokes), '75 (August birthday) FJ40 last Fall, and once home, I wondered what took me so long to get one (I have wanted one in the worst way since high school, a long time ago). It now resides in the garage when home, and is driven daily 50 miles round trip to work and back. My wife is very jealous (working on that) and my kids won't drive anything w/o power everything. Perfect.

Anyway, hello to all and thanks for all the great info! I will attach a picture as soon as I figure out how to do just that (keeps telling me it is too big).

---

Hopefully the attachment worked. Thanks for all the advice. BTW, I will be putting the cruiser back to a correct color at some point in the future.
LC1.JPG

Last edited:
Welcome, NOOBIE!

oh, yeah:

:flipoff2: !

nial (still a NOOB)

Welcome. I too have a 08/75 FJ40. Of the Cruisers I have owned all have been June-August '75 but never a September or later that got the factory FDB. I don't know if it's dumb luck or if there were a disproportionate amount imported those months. Who knows. Post up some pictures so we can see it.

To post pictures click on the "manage attachments" under attaching files found below. It only lets you post so big and so many so what I do is to open the pic in MS Paint, press Control W and put in some percentage to be reduced. Save it as a -1 for example then go back and right click on the file to see what size it is. Do again if too big. I also understand you can 'buy a star' which enables you to post more pics and some other benefits too.

Welcome!! Mine's a 2/75.

Another way to post pics without dealing with the sizing issue is to upload them to an outside hosting website and just link to it. I use www.imageshack.us Just upload your pic no matter how large and it will give you the url to paste into your post here.

Hi!

Welcome aboard!

Love your comment about the "kids" not wanting to drive anything without "power everything!" All I can say is "their loss!"

Enjoy your "new" "Toy!"

Alan
Seattle

Looks pretty clean. What color are you going to go back to?

That's a great looking ride. I need one like that to cruise around in while I build my other one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom