Hanna Slider / High Lift Install (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Got my Hanna sliders last week from Ken.

Ken was easy to work with, provided great service and shipped them immediately.

The sliders are awesome and the build quality is impressive. Heavy duty and really easy to install too.

Was really torn between the Slee vs the Hanna sliders but after searching and reading on Mud and talking to various people, I went with the Hanna because of the extra cat protection.

Anyway, I also mounted the high lift jack on the front of the ARB too.

Attaching a few pictures.

OME and tires next...
snap0004.jpg
snap0003.jpg
snap0008.jpg

A few more (low quality) pics...
snap0007.jpg
snap0009.jpg
snap0010.jpg

Did you guys actually make it to URE today?

Nice lookin' sliders. Now you are going to have to take a couple of hard lines to test them. :)

concretejungle said:
Did you guys actually make it to URE today?

Nice lookin' sliders. Now you are going to have to take a couple of hard lines to test them. :)

Thanks!! Just because I don't try to jump Kodak Rock like the Dukes of Hazzard doesn't mean I don't take hard lines!! :D :flipoff2:

Yep, made it to Uwharrie yesterday. Didn't head down until later in the afternoon and Greg wasn't able to go, so I went solo.

I always forget how SLICK that mud is over there after lots of rain. Let's just say in some off camber situations and slipping on the mud, the sliders already saved my bacon a few times.

Came across a stock Wrangler stuck up to his front axle at one point and helped pull him out. His story was that he and his girlfriend were out riding and didn't mean to get off the gravel road... :confused: :doh:

Nice - agreed on the choice of sliders- very hard indeed! Looks like you still have to trim a little off the rubber cap of the rear doors. Easy to do.

Brentbba said:
Nice - agreed on the choice of sliders- very hard indeed! Looks like you still have to trim a little off the rubber cap of the rear doors. Easy to do.

Yep, I do need to trim the rubber back there. Probably get to it after work today.

Did you cut yours all the way off or just enough so that it's flush (hangs even with the slider)?

Also, I just got in some front mud flaps from C-Dan. Looks like there will be some trimming to mount them too.

I just trimmed the portion that hits the slider at the rear and left the remainder flush. Get yourself a Dremmel wood burning tool from a local hobby shop for about $30. One of the attachments holds an exacto knife blade. The hot blade cuts thru the rear door cap and the mud flaps with ease! Be careful cutting the mud flaps. Cut a little, fit, cut a little more, fit..... you get the idea.

Thanks for the tip and feedback Brent.

I'll give that a shot. :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom