Hanna Quality Interior Cargo Carriers ! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Corbet,
you can mount the CO2 tanks to the end of the carrier. The slotted upright is there to mount to.
That way, you don't use up any carrier space and use that dead space in the corner.
Plus, it's easy access and you don't have to pull it out of it's mount. Up to a 15# will fit there perfect.

3843753432_8f0377edd1.jpg

Yes but I would have to buy that cylinder mount, the three older/larger mounts I have are too big for that spot. And I don't like the idea of having to lift my water bottle up and over the CO2 as my fridge is right up against the cargo rack. (I only have one rack) I only use my CO2 once a day generally while wheeling where as water comes out more often. So I'd like to make the water easy to get at. When I build my drawer system the CO2 will probably go behind the fridge and I can get it from the rear door by folding down the seat. The oppisite side of my cargo area is reserved for the 90lb Malumute.

Are you using the jerry can style water container (like the fuel can in 94SRUNNER's photo)?

Yes, I'm using a Scepter type water can from LCI Industries and a basic hooked strap from the Home Depot.

https://www.redcheetah.com/lci/item...ist_uuid=2c683628-84ab-102d-82c8-001871e34fe0

The racks are strong and secure enough to carry any load you reasistically would want to put in them. Its just a matter of finding a container and securing it to the rack. I have a canvas recovery bag from slee full of chain, clevis x4 and other misc steel recovery crap. Easy 50+ lbs. It drops right in and I can run a strap over it. But I find that as it settles and gets fatter in the rack its hard to get out. Never the less its a good place for it.

Last edited:
Bad link

Yes but I would have to buy that cylinder mount, the three older/larger mounts I have are too big for that spot. And I don't like the idea of having to lift my water bottle up and over the CO2 as my fridge is right up against the cargo rack. (I only have one rack) I only use my CO2 once a day generally while wheeling where as water comes out more often. So I'd like to make the water easy to get at. When I build my drawer system the CO2 will probably go behind the fridge and I can get it from the rear door by folding down the seat. The oppisite side of my cargo area is reserved for the 90lb Malumute.

Yes, I'm using a Scepter type water can from LCI Industries and a basic hooked strap from the Home Depot.

https://www.redcheetah.com/lci/item...ist_uuid=2c683628-84ab-102d-82c8-001871e34fe0

The racks are strong and secure enough to carry any load you reasistically would want to put in them. Its just a matter of finding a container and securing it to the rack. I have a canvas recovery bag from slee full of chain, clevis x4 and other misc steel recovery ****. Easy 50+ lbs. It drops right in and I can run a strap over it. But I find that as it settles and gets fatter in the rack its hard to get out. Never the less its a good place for it.

What is the best way to try and set up a group buy for these?

I think 20-25 sets

I was surprised he didn't sell out instantly considering how cheap he set the price, but they did all get sold within a relatively short time I guess.

If Ken gets 20+ deposits, I'm sure he will make another batch. I think he needs that many to make it feasible.

Im in on a group buy.

I am interested but what would the cost be? I can not commit to something not knowing. Very interested though.

I'm interested

I'd be up for a set if another run of them comes along. Didn't have my cruiser in time to get in on the last batch.

there are no plans to make anymore racks in the near future

I have 5 sets of 95-97 FZJ80 sliders in stock ready to ship get them before there gone. Remodeling the house and building a shop is going to take my time away from making cruiser products for at least all of 2010.

I hate to rain on your parade, but I doubt it will happen soon. I hope I am wrong, though, as I am definitely ready for some sliders AND cargo carriers.

I added a shelf between the Hanna cargo carriers. Two lengths of angle steel from OSH. Using existing side bolts on cargo carriers. Then bolted the plywood to the steel:

A perfect spot for one to sleep. I'm 6' tall, plenty of room:

Another inside shot:

So funny Frank, I'm working on the same thing!
I made a metal frame but same idea

I want a set of those :bounce: :bounce2:

welded a steel frame- it's rock solid and simple using the bolts (5.5mm or 7/8ths sae allen wrench)
I used L-stock and 1" sq tube.
I'm thinking of welding some tie down loops but I have another idea for that too... but so many other things to do for now
4617534796_b035e54689_o.jpg

I would love to see another run of the cargo racks. I would love to get a set, but didn't get my cruiser until right after the first batch sold out. They look awesome!!! Nice work!

I will purchase a set.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom