Hanging around Las Cruces (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm sure there are a couple of Cruiser people here somewhere. Looks like we are here over the next week +, anyhow hoping to work over the weekend. But anyone local wants to visit for coffee, swap pics and stories? I've got pics of my newly painted BJ74 and scenery from Northern BC and Yukon.
Jonathan

I'm sure there are a couple of Cruiser people here somewhere. Looks like we are here over the next week +, anyhow hoping to work over the weekend. But anyone local wants to visit for coffee, swap pics and stories? I've got pics of my newly painted BJ74 and scenery from Northern BC and Yukon.
Jonathan
It’s worth the energy to meet up with this man!
Conversation and demeanor is excellent! He is good people and my God! The pictures!

Wish I could break away to get down there... could use some 60* temps!

I'd get in big trouble with Enterprise if I took the Altima up there, even if it is a rental. We're heading up to Silver City for
a Brewery that is supposed to be pretty decent. Last time I rode through there was '98 on my Valkyrie. That is a gorgeous
ride, went up through Alpine to Show Low/Pinetop to visit a couple of riding buddies.
Glad to see the snow melted down here. We got clouded out for work in WS, ended up way over by Ft Stockton, then
flew up the border from Riudoso.

Drove up to Silver City, Little Toad Creek Pub. Snow still on the streets! Saw this FJ45 through Deming. It looks familiar like I’ve seen it on the forum before. Anyone know who owns it? I would have stopped but it was raining and I didn’t want to disturb someone on a Sunday morning. Very nice truck

6A29FB17-FC44-4FB2-8BF9-C17459BB5202.jpeg

Spent today wandering Las Cruces. I can recommend ‘Bites of Belgium’ restaurant- top 10. Fantastic food.
Becks Coffee not so much.
But spotted a few cool cruisers today. I can’t imagine painting a roof black in NM but maybe he had AC? That 60 has nice new suspension, I’d like to know where he got the front seat bar extension, I need a set.

B392D23C-AF34-479F-A1D3-4E6E36CA7AB8.jpeg
2064E25A-B4D6-43D4-A309-5BA2462D7F8F.jpeg
B43A7FDD-2E29-4E91-8D7E-F246BB3575AA.jpeg

Spent today wandering Las Cruces. I can recommend ‘Bites of Belgium’ restaurant- top 10. Fantastic food.
Becks Coffee not so much.
But spotted a few cool cruisers today. I can’t imagine painting a roof black in NM but maybe he had AC? That 60 has nice new suspension, I’d like to know where he got the front seat bar extension, I need a set.

View attachment 1873820 View attachment 1873821 View attachment 1873822

There used to be a nice FJ-45 pick-up parked in a driveway just north of Memorial Medical Center.

There used to be a nice FJ-45 pick-up parked in a driveway just north of Memorial Medical Center.
Well, I have the time I might go for a looksee. Hotel sprung a leak, no water. Another day on the road...

Wow, was just looking for groups for Land Cruisers here in NM and decided to browse this group. Lo and behold there's a nice picture of my FJ60!! Welcome to Las Cruces! I'm busy the rest of the week but the weekend and the beginning of next week are good for me to meet up if you're still in town.

Wow, was just looking for groups for Land Cruisers here in NM and decided to browse this group. Lo and behold there's a nice picture of my FJ60!! Welcome to Las Cruces! I'm busy the rest of the week but the weekend and the beginning of next week are good for me to meet up if you're still in town.
It's a good looking 60. Welcome to our little corner of insanity.

Hello! That is one fine looking 60! You have all the basics covered already, body is in great shape, new suspension
and tires. You're not making moonshine in that fermentation lab are you?? HaHa! I've knocked on peoples work
doors before to introduce myself, but could only see a few people in the field.
I'm here over the weekend, staying at the Staybridge but have a car. Since I've developed a soft spot for
A Bite of Belgium it would be a good place to meet. I'll send a pm

Hello! That is one fine looking 60! You have all the basics covered already, body is in great shape, new suspension
and tires. You're not making moonshine in that fermentation lab are you?? HaHa! I've knocked on peoples work
doors before to introduce myself, but could only see a few people in the field.
I'm here over the weekend, staying at the Staybridge but have a car. Since I've developed a soft spot for
A Bite of Belgium it would be a good place to meet. I'll send a pm
Who would have known there would be a Belgium food place in Las Cruces, NM. Have you tried their Liege waffles? Do they have little sugar pearls in them? I've never been able to find them in the US after falling in love with them (and Belgian beer) on a work trip to Belgium and Netherlands a few years ago. Although, I'm a little disappointed to see that their dinner menu doesn't actually have any foods you'd expect to find in Belgium, especially no potato croquettes. They don't even have frites or any sauces to go on them. At least you can get a Duvel or a Chimay.

Last edited:
That 45 is still parked in a driveway off of Telshor, just North of the hospital on the East side of the street. It has 1 wheel removed as a theft deterrent I would guess. It has been in that same spot for over 23 years. I used to drool over it when I was down there going to NMSU.

Spent a few hours yesterday visiting with CrucesCruiser and his brother. That FJ60 is as close to a unicorn as I’ve seen with it’s virtually rust free body!! What a find! It was really entertaining to swap information and discuss everything from welding to rear gas struts.
Another fine extension of my land cruiser family. It was a pleasure to meet you and look forward to my return to Las Cruces next time! J

Jonathan
I will be free to visit if you have time Thursday or Friday very flexible on my part as far as time. I just picked up a KZJ78 and have a ton of questions you may be able to answer.

Jonathan
I will be free to visit if you have time Thursday or Friday very flexible on my part as far as time. I just picked up a KZJ78 and have a ton of questions you may be able to answer.

Jonathan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom