Hang on to smog equipment from my truck? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My truck, 6/77 FJ-40 from CA, was "desmogged" when I bought it, and came with most of the smog system parts removed and in a box.

I'll never do a factory correct nut-and-bolt restoration on this truck, and it runs great with a new carb.

I know there's a market for this type of smog equipment, but I'm curious what other New England / MA folks are doing with their smog system & parts: selling them, or hanging on to them and why?

Thanks!

Pic from a month or so ago after painting the tub and dash / firewall.

IMG_7448.jpeg

Truck looks really nice so far. I commend your restoration.
I took all of the smog stuff off my FJ60 a few years back and because of the condition on a few of the parts and the fact that I was getting tired of looking at them I tossed them out. We don’t need them here in New England so if your not planning on selling the truck to anyone out west you can always sell them.
Its really a personal preference.

Truck looks really nice so far. I commend your restoration.
I took all of the smog stuff off my FJ60 a few years back and because of the condition on a few of the parts and the fact that I was getting tired of looking at them I tossed them out. We don’t need them here in New England so if your not planning on selling the truck to anyone out west you can always sell them.
Its really a personal preference.
Thanks! The project is coming along bit by bit. Hoping to have it all painted and put back together for the spring / salt-free roads.

Thanks for the feedback on smog stuff, too. I figured I'd ping the forum and get some opinions to help me make sure I wasn't overlooking something!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom