Hands Free Solution Center Console - Other Ideas? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So Today is the day GA starts enforcing the handsfree requirement where we are no longer allowed to touch our phones while driving. Well lets hope it works and people get off their phones. So this was my solution. I have a stereo that has Android Auto and Apple Carplay. I have an LX450 which had the option of having a phone in the top of the center console, so that is where I am putting my phone. For either apple or android to work with maps etc, you most have the usb cable connected so I have routed a USB cable in to the top of the lid, Cut an old mouse pad up for padding and installed a fan that pulls air down out of the top compartment and exhausts below. i did this because I noticed how the phone would warm up in there from time to time. It is important to pull the air out, not blow air in because some of use have a rear heater and that lower section warms up when the heater is running. I took apart some fan protectors and removed the filter and just used the screw on cap left over. The fan was 9 dollars from microcenter and the fan protector was 6 dollars for a pack of 5. I only needed one so may be found cheaper in single packs.

I used the following:

Evercool 60mm Case Fan EC6020M12CA is the fan
and
60mm Computer Dustproof Fan Protector Dust Filter Cover Grill

20180701_143946.jpg

20180701_142003.jpg

20180701_143859.jpg

20180701_144339.jpg

Genius!! It also keeps it out of sight from tempting eyes, even though most phones are password protected. Does the fan run continuously?

I should mention I removed this thing called a cd changer a while back... there is an ACC power line that can be used to power it. That is what I used.

Nice terminology...."I removed this thing called a cd changer...." Scary thought, but vinyl is coming back, who knows maybe even TAPE!?!?!?!?!?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom