Hands are still shaking (side indicator install) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Side Indicator Install

That first cut is a scary one. I recommend a dremel and cutoff disc for anyone with this project in mind. It cut like warm butter fresh out of the microwave.
DSC01183.jpg
DSC01188.jpg
DSC01191.jpg

Last edited:
It's crooked... :flipoff2:

(sorry, couldn't resist)

Um...I don't see the point in this. Being a hardcore wheeler that would get knocked off and trashed real fast. Looks good though. Same color as my 80 very nice.

MOT made me do it.

I see the point in it. Aside from the bling factor, it allows people to see your signal from the side - something the 80 series are not lighted for. True, it might get whacked in the bush but your flares will be torn off first and you'd probably stop. :)

Cheers.

Yeah, what he said.

I'll vouch for their usefulness. When a motorcycle smashes into the side of your 80 you might think that side turn signals are a good idea. I haven't installed them on my current 80, but on my last 80 I installed LEDs on the mirrors. They were viewable from front or back.

Yeah they are mandatory in Europe, I think they are a great idea.

Great job on the install! Any more pics/writeup/what brand of marker is it?

These are factory side indicator assemblies from MOT as well as MOT's crystal clear lense hookup. Apparently I've exceeded my photo limit.

get a free account at photobucket.com and upload them there, or email em to me and I'll host em

Wrench said:
Um...I don't see the point in this. Being a hardcore wheeler that would get knocked off and trashed real fast.

Wrench is, of course, correct. When he rolled his 80 those side indicators would have been toast. For those of us that like to wheel and keep the shiny side up and the dirty side down then damage to the indicators is not as much of a concern.

-B-

MF34Inc,

TOOK YOU LONG ENOUGH! :rolleyes:

I'm glad that you were able to install them w/o any drama. Did you rust-proof the edges so it won't rust?

BTW, I think I've figured out a way so it would cost less than what I made you pay me (at least if one's interested in going (crystal-) clear, if anyone is interested. ;p

Nice work!!

Mot :)

Don't Hate, Congratulate!

Last edited:
PM Mot, #13 above.

sledge916 said:
nice work, I would like a set of those too, who do I call to get em, my white crusher needs em .

Sethro

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom