Hand Throttle (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So, Zetasig and I worked out a deal to get me an IN-DASH hand throttle for my PTO winch on the FJ40. SOR tech SWEARS no such thing on American models (although I showed them it is plain as day in the Owner's manual). The underdash version is all they know about, and that's what I have right now. That version attaches to a special variation on the accelerator pedal to run, but it appears Zetasig's in dash model went through the firewall. It is a wire-through-cable deal, and somehow was meant to attach to the carb linkage, but Zetasig doesn't know how it did it.

I know some of you mentioned in a previous thread that you have the in-dash type of hand throttle. Can you tell me/show me with pictures how it links up? I think I could run it down to the pedal and work out something there, but if it is supposed to go into the engine compartment, and someone can show me how it hooks up, I'll do that.

I have a BJ60 foot pedal and the throttle control pull assembly, the cable feeds to the foot pedal.

We could even get a gas pedal and throttle control new if you wanted?

Rob
www.raddcruisers.ca

That would be the under-dash version? OR in-dash?

I am thinking it could be mounted in either position, the sixty cable mounts in dash while the BJ42 mounts under dash.

Rob

So, does the in-dash version go to the pedal, too?

Yes it does, I just tried downloading some pics with no luck.

Damn compurter virus.

Rob

Crapy night shot

Hand throttle

Thanks, Radd. That looks like the setup I had envisioned.

Now, does anyone out there with an FJ40 with a hand throttle in the dash have an answer for me?

all I got is a 65 fj40 with the dash hand throttle, it hooks up to the carb(1 barr) so I dont think I will be much help(carb is off but I have pics). But lemme know. I will also look thru some parts books

Dave, is your stock pedal linkage cable or rods? carb stock 2 barrel?

and yep, 60/62/80 all have either stock(fj62 stock) or a place for the stock hand throttle, all mount to the pedal. (91-2 fj80's don't have the pedal mount, must swap to 93+)

I'd like to see the carb pix, John, if you have them.

I have cable linkage from the accelerator pedal to the 2 barrel, which is NonUSA for 71, so essentially stock.

pic of the 65 1 barrel with stock hand throttle. The pedal linkage is a rod set up. Hand throttle cable is the one that loops downward. Other is the choke. Pedal rod ataches the same place as the HT.
31179493.jpg

dash location for hand throttle
24775506.jpg

So, if I read that right, the up and down cable/wire is the hand throttle with rod linkage to the accelerator pedal, correct?

Thanks, John.

Now I know someone out there has the early 70s version with the hand throttle placed like number 9, here:

yep, up and down is hand throttle.

I'll keep looking...........

[quote author=IDave link=board=1;threadid=12671;start=msg116917#msg116917 date=1078710358]
So, if I read that right, the up and down cable/wire is the hand throttle with rod linkage to the accelerator pedal, correct?

Thanks, John.

Now I know someone out there has the early 70s version with the hand throttle placed like number 9, here:
[/quote]

My 69 has the hand throttle in the dash just like the manual shows. It went thru the firewall (same hole as the choke) to the carb. I can't remember how it hooked up. F motor has been removed. Hope this helps.

Jeff

Gorshdurnit Dave, if you wernt so married to OEM you'd know a little bailing wire and spit would fix you right up! :D

I admit it. I do like OEM.

But even if I use baling wire and spit, I have a choice as to whether I hook it up to the pedal or the carb linkage. I want to study the options.

Hell, for that matter, I could just leave the underdash throttle right where it is, but then I'd still have that stupid hole in the dash.....

:cheers:

Hey I have a stupid hole in the head. All my stupid keeps leaking out!

But I hear you on making the dash look clean. My PO put a gas tank switch in. The hole he drilled in the dash doesn't line up too well with the stock stuff.

Good luck with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom