Hand Throttle Part Number (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Quick Question

I have been trying to pick up a hand throttle from the local Toyota dealer. Luckily the guys out here know what an FJ60 is, unfortunately they can't seem to locate the hand throttle.

I've looked through the boards here and have been unable to find the exact part number here either.

I was wondering if anyone had the number for the fj60 hand throttle or could tell me where I need to go to find it.

Thanks

Also, before you buy it, make sure your accelerator pedal have the cable attachment bracket on it or you will need to get that as well. I thought that some of the earlier 60s didn't have it.

local bike shop. about $5 for a thumb shifter and cable that they took off a stock bike to upgrade. hook directly to your carb linkage. done. no point in spending all that money

Also, before you buy it, make sure your accelerator pedal have the cable attachment bracket on it or you will need to get that as well. I thought that some of the earlier 60s didn't have it.

My '83 FJ60 did not have the tab on the pedal arm like you have mentioned. I had access to a replacement part that had the tab, so I used that. If cost is a consideration, it would be a 10 minute job to tack on the tab, drill a hole and slot the tab to receive the cable.

Rick

I just took a look at my peddle out of curiousity; couldn't you just slap on a throttle cable for a mower or something like that? Sure looks real simple unless I'm missing something

I'm going to be replacing mine, what's the attachment behind the dash? I can't tell by feeling but seems like a large plastic clip of some kind.

I'm going to be replacing mine, what's the attachment behind the dash? I can't tell by feeling but seems like a large plastic clip of some kind.

The parts needed for the OEM lock are-

1. The hand throttle assembly
2. The nut to tighten the TA from the back to the dash
3. The bracket that bolts under the dash that the end of the throttle assem. clips into
4. A white plastic doodad that goes around the cable of TA and clips into the square hole on top of the accelerator pedal.

DSCN3514-vi.jpg

I had the OE setup on my HJ60 but broke the plastic clip when removing it for the rebuild. I went with the bike shifter instead and relocated it to the shifter. I used the OE pedal bracket but it could work with the carb linkage as Vette60 recommended. Cost all depends on which bike shifter you use.

IH8MUD.com - View Single Post - Project Overland

DSC_5486.jpg

Another vote for the bike brake handle. This thing has been far more useful than that knob on the dash ever was.

Got the handle for free and the cable kit was $5 at Wal-mart

Tony
Hand throttle.jpg

Can anybody easily throw Toyota part numbers on to this thread?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom