1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hand throttle for a 100

Discussion in '100-Series Cruisers' started by Landpimp, Mar 5, 2004.

1. Landpimp

Landpimp

Media:
    is there such a thing? ya know every cruiser before has the provision for one.......but I dont see a place on the 100 for one, not that i really need it but ya know.........if they make one I would like it........all the rest got em :)

2. e9999

e9999 You want to do what...? Moderator

use a cane? :D
    E

3. Landpimp

Landpimp

Media:
    I got a cane for you! :flipoff2:

[quote author=e9999 link=board=2;threadid=12618;start=msg116147#msg116147 date=1078548653]
    use a cane? :D
    E

[/quote]

4. bjowett

bjowett Supporting Vendor

The 100, despite having the throttle cable, has a motor driven throttle plate. If nothing exists, maybe you could come up with some sort of electronic control? I have a nice steering wheel with extra buttons that would work very well for ya. :flipoff2:

5. Landpimp

Landpimp

Media:
    true but like on a 60/62/80 the hand throttle cable attaches to the pedal, so there should be no reason to do anything different just cause the throttle itself is electic.

its not something that I need....but was just curious.

I have a vacumme hand throttle set up in my 82 fj40, even used OEM parts ;)

John H

[quote author=bjowett link=board=2;threadid=12618;start=msg116489#msg116489 date=1078623990]
    The 100, despite having the throttle cable, has a motor driven throttle plate. If nothing exists, maybe you could come up with some sort of electronic control? I have a nice steering wheel with extra buttons that would work very well for ya. :flipoff2:
    [/quote]

6. spressomon

spressomon glutton Moderator

Media:
    Albums:
    Anyone rig a handthrottle up on a 100 yet (looking for the shortcut for this mod of course :D)

7. 100 TD

100 TD

The 100 turbo diesel has an IDLE UP switch, the function of this switch is to rev the engine to about 1400 rpm when it is cold, to get it up to temperature quicker so that heating can be used inside the vehicle.(Similar to a hand throttle) It utilises control through the ECU and the electric throttle motor to do it though, which is unfortunate, as when it gets up to temperature the ECU says cut it out, no more high idle required. I am keen on info that would send a dummy signal to the ECU so it could be used all the time (ideal for winching keeping the engine at higher revs so the alternator is working hard and rechargeing the battery while you are ginning around between winch attempts etc). I am sure this function is also available on the V8 in colder climates, or possibly the middle east as I am sure I have seen a photo of one on a petrol cruiser somewhere. If this is the case the plug for a switch is probably sitting behind the dash in the US vehicles, whether this function is turned on in the ECU is another question! If it is and we could trick the ECU to be able to use it all the time it would be a bonus.

8. spressomon

spressomon glutton Moderator

Media:
    Albums:
    Couldn't find one for the 100 nor one I liked from another vehicle...so I ordered a Vernier Control from Aircraft Spruce; used some scrap steel I had laying around; a little bandsaw work and MIG and now I finally have my hand throttle on my '99!

Dial in the perfect shower temp; rev up when winching and jumping other rigs :)
    Hand Throttle pic1.jpg Hand Throttle pic2.jpg

9. NMuzj100

NMuzj100

The ECU in the V8 will automatically throttle up the engine on cold starts until it reaches operating temperature.

The easiest point to modify electronically would be to modifiy the output of the Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor. FSM DI-104 has info someone a little more electrically inclined than myself could take advantage of.

Where is the "Idle up" switch on the Diesels?

10. 100 TD

100 TD

Above the electric mirror control.

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">