Hand throttle control - can you teach me, please? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

DSRTRDR

I can mangle anything ...
SILVER Star
Threads
I installed a hand throttle, it comes from a later model, but fits just right; connects to the gas pedal.

My question is for those of you who have one: the knob seems to have some sort of ratchet mechanism as you pull it out, and appears to be able to snap fully back after a turn? I am not sure whether I have to turn it right or left for the release and don't want to break it while trying one too many times in the wrong direction. Which is the correct mode of operation? Thanks in advance, Claudia

Last edited:
If it is the same OEM Toyota one as on the 60 series trucks, then you just push it back in. Do not turn it. Mine is specifically for a 60 series, and the knob looks different than the OEM 62 hand throttles. Now I know yours is on a 40, but I imagine it is simialr to the 60 one.

On the OEM hand throttles that I have seen, you just push it back in. The pawl in the ratchet mechanism is just a spring wire. Don't know about aftermarket hand throttles.

HTH.
Todd Bull.

Same here. Pull it out, push it in. :rolleyes: :D

I'd be interested in finding one of these. Any idea where one could purchase?
dfm

Thanks, iDave. That means I have to give it some WD40, it feels a little stuck.

dfmorse, Specter sells them, but you have to be very specific and refer to their diagrams (best ordered by phone), it took me three orders to get the right stuff, and now I got too many pieces (such as extra pedal and extra holder).

Thanks Claudia; I'll give them a buzz...
dfm

Claudia,

It is very easy to have the cable holder clamp down by the pedal too tight. That could interfere. A tight balance between too tight and too loose. If your WD40 doesn't do it, I'd screw around with the screw.
DSCN4264 (Small).JPG

dfmorse said:
I'd be interested in finding one of these. Any idea where one could purchase?
dfm

Got mine from C-Dan. Make sure you order the "kit" not just the cable. Comes with needed brackets and stuff.

it was all assembled, so I haven't looked at that screw yet. The cable does move, it is just that the pushing back seems a bit hard. Thanks, Claudia

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom