Hand brake lever mounting bolts - how do you get to them? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The handbrake on my 02 felt weird and loose at the handle, so I peeked through the slot and saw one of the bolts that anchor it down is missing and floating around nearby.
Wondering the easiest way to get to the bracket area to bolt it back down with a dab of loctite?
I popped off the console trim around the shifter assembly, but of course it's not that simple as it didn't give access to the area I need to get into. I'm assuming the whole console has to come out to get to it? Do the seats have to come out first to get the console out?

The handbrake on my 02 felt weird and loose at the handle, so I peeked through the slot and saw one of the bolts that anchor it down is missing and floating around nearby.
Wondering the easiest way to get to the bracket area to bolt it back down with a dab of loctite?
I popped off the console trim around the shifter assembly, but of course it's not that simple as it didn't give access to the area I need to get into. I'm assuming the whole console has to come out to get to it? Do the seats have to come out first to get the console out?
I just had the main console out on my 99 lx470. With the front console removed, move the seats back and forth so that you can access the Philips head screws on each side of the console at the rear and the two bolts/Phillips on each side at the front. There are four bolts under the mat in the main console compartment.
Disconnect the auxiliary port power wire at the rear of the console and maneuver the seats and armrests so that you can lift the rear console out. I had to do this when I replaced my emergency brake cable.

Sweet thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom