HAMsters - March CSC Meeting, On The Air? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Was just looking at www.repeaterbook.com for Repeater locations that might be suitable to hold a virtual CSC club meeting On The Air;

If there's enough interest, I have connections with the Superstition Springs Amateur Radio club and could probably work out a time slot on their Repeater to hold a formal Net Control Meeting. If people would like to keep it more low-key, we can try a round-robin discussion, but that ties up their Repeater with a lot of uncontrolled traffic.

Anyway, let me know what you think, and with the proliferation of 2m radios in most of our trucks, it's a chance to do something LandCruiser related to pass,the time. I think our normal club meeting would have been this Friday night.

Post a reply if you're interested,

I like it.

Sorry this didn't happen, guys - only 3 interested replies, and not enough participation (*though short notice...).
Maybe next month with more notice, and hopefully this country will be on the mend so we can get back to meeting in person,

I'll see which (if any) repeaters I can key up in Phoenix, pretty well behind the Tucson mountains here to the north though so I don't like my chances. Might have to be one of the linked systems.

I'd be down to join in now that my radio is working again. If I can get the truck radio to act as a repeater, I could sit in the house and talk on my handheld :cool:

Thumbs up for Kenwood cross-band repeating. I have yet to use that feature on my base station.

In Tucson, there are some guys that run a repeater with a directional beam that they connect to the Sun City club occasionally. It's faint, but it can be done.

Watch for updates here as we get into April.

I would be 100% in for this. Even when things are back to normal. What a great way to get folks comfortable and confident on the air.

I just saw this, otherwise would have rsvp'd sooner.

I'll see which (if any) repeaters I can key up in Phoenix, pretty well behind the Tucson mountains here to the north though so I don't like my chances. Might have to be one of the linked systems.

I believe there are some WIN system repeaters in Tucson, if you are trying to get in touch with Phx folks. Not sure if we could have a NET on one of those, but, I regularly chat with folks from all over.

Draw me a diagram of the WIN connection...? Here's what I had in mind for a CSC meeting on the air:

You -> Superstition Springs Repeater <- Me (*and anyone else who wants to join)

I've been a part of Nets on 4-5 local repeaters, but this would be my first as Net Control. It will take some preparation ahead of time for someone to approve us using their Radio Club repeater, since we don't contribute to their club or the costs of operating their machine. If interest, I'll look into it, though.

I have a feeling half you guys would be sitting in your trucks when you called in, anyway!

Draw me a diagram of the WIN connection...? Here's what I had in mind for a CSC meeting on the air:

You -> Superstition Springs Repeater <- Me (*and anyone else who wants to join)

I've been a part of Nets on 4-5 local repeaters, but this would be my first as Net Control. It will take some preparation ahead of time for someone to approve us using their Radio Club repeater, since we don't contribute to their club or the costs of operating their machine. If interest, I'll look into it, though.

I have a feeling half you guys would be sitting in your trucks when you called in, anyway!

I'll see what I can come up with, The WIN system is a bit of a black magic thing.... whenever I think i have it figured, I hear someone from somewhere new chime in.

Maybe we can "meet" and just chat over simplex from our trucks while sitting in the same parking lot :rofl:

It will take some preparation ahead of time for someone to approve us using their Radio Club repeater, since we don't contribute to their club or the costs of operating their machine. If interest, I'll look into it, though.

Might look into a donation from the CSC slush fund to the repeater operator for the event ;)

Hey, guys - when is our next scheduled meeting? Been thinking about some Net Control procedures for the club to follow to have a Round Robin discussion, followed by splinter conversations going QSY to avoid boredom with people who want to hold their own conversations.

Hey, guys - when is our next scheduled meeting? Been thinking about some Net Control procedures for the club to follow to have a Round Robin discussion, followed by splinter conversations going QSY to avoid boredom with people who want to hold their own conversations.
@brices123 Have we looped you in? I need to talk about land cruisers with someone or I'm gonna pop!

This looks like a great way to supplement our club meetings. Big thanks to Steve and Thomas for their help with me prepping for my license exam. Call id is KK7CQZ

Congratulations on your license! I'll be sending you a snail-mail gift over the next few days. Watch for it,

I take my test next Tuesday.

Nice! Let us know how it goes, and don't stress about it. The VE testers are all very nice folks who want to see people enter the hobby, so they go out of their way to make you feel welcomed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom