HAMOM request 11/2 at Mtbcoach’s compound...9am start... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ill be there! I'll see everyone in the morning.

We are bringing baked beans tomorrow. @Mtbcoach do you have a fire pit?

Do we have a head count on how many folks are coming?

Great, will go well with the boston butt, 2 chickens, burgers and dogs.

I have remnants of an old pit, plenty of old bricks to build/enhance existing spot. I have lots of down/dry wood to burn.

Not sure, 6-10? The frigid morning could shy some away, going to update 1st post...

I'll be there in the late morning/early afternoon. I'm cooking breakfast for the gang here at the house, then I'll head to Chapel Hill.

I greatly appreciate everyone’s attendance and effort today. Great strides were made dealing with 36 yr old parts untouched.

I failed to take a single picture, even of the food. Pretty much demolishing 7.5lbs of boston butt, 2 chickens and a dozen burgers and dogs along with the 2 trays of beans and mac & cheese and cookies/brownies/banana bread. Chilly start turned into a nice day with everyone turning wrenches allowing me to cook and find things, if I could.

Great thanks to this fine community that I’m grateful to be part of... ☺ :beer:

This, this is nice to see. Hope the wrenching was productive, the company upbeat, and the food delicious.

I have misplaced my wallet. With all the crawling around on the ground, it is possible it fell out while working under the truck. I'm hoping someone spotted it and I can get it back.

I have misplaced my wallet. With all the crawling around on the ground, it is possible it fell out while working under the truck. I'm hoping someone spotted it and I can get it back.
I will go out now and dig around for it, I focused on cleaning up but did crawl around/under but will do now...

Gave a good hard look in shop, inside 60, where you parked and near/around chairs by pond...empty, sorry. I’ll keep an eye on Tashi, she brings me things and would steal tools from on-site workers, if you dropped it here, she will find it.

I know how unsettling it is to have your wallet go missing :bang:

Had a great time hanging out, turning a few wrenches and enjoying some mighty fine grub!! I wish we could have gotten more done for ya Jerry! Let us know when you get the missing parts in and if you need more help.

Had a great time hanging out, turning a few wrenches and enjoying some mighty fine grub!! I wish we could have gotten more done for ya Jerry! Let us know when you get the missing parts in and if you need more help.
They are here, as promised AFTER I called them. You guys did the tough stuff, sliding shackles in should be easy-peasy...

Gave a good hard look in shop, inside 60, where you parked and near/around chairs by pond...empty, sorry. I’ll keep an eye on Tashi, she brings me things and would steal tools from on-site workers, if you dropped it here, she will find it.

I know how unsettling it is to have your wallet go missing :bang:
Wallet found. It was in the overalls I was wearing. The overall material is so thick I couldn't feel the wallet when I checked twice before.

Wallet found. It was in the overalls I was wearing. The overall material is so thick I couldn't feel the wallet when I checked twice before.
Thin wallet because you have no money??? But you're rich in Cruiser karma!

But you're rich in Cruiser karma!

That he is! When I got there he was one of 7 I counted laying on the floor under the truck with a couple more handing them what they needed. I stayed the hell out of the way. :)

Great day and a perfect example of what a HAMON really is about. What a great group of people. I met a few new to me folks and got to see some long time friends. Good food, good people, great setting and a garage with a cruiser being worked on, best Saturday in a while.

Bumping...update bump...

I’ve been sliding in the fresh shackles/king pins this week, preparing to torque everything down. I’m hoping I can convince a couple people to help me accomplish a couple things:

- finish bolt/torque check on front/rear suspension
- finish engine tasks
- saginaw pump belt tighten
- coolant line re-route/rear seat heater delete

AND (a big and)...
I have a buyer for my 80 and would like to give him a head start on getting my project running. I’d like to get get it started by draining the old gas, fresh fuel, battery and fire it up.

I’ve offered to use my shop to complete the axle swap after I get my 60 out of it, introduce him to the club and the addiction we all love (as he is coming from the Jeep world) in the coming weeks. However, that will be a discussion for another day. I’m happy to have found an excited newcomer to Land Cruisers who will finish my project and join our fine group of members.

Please let me know if you can offer a couple hours this weekend, thanks...:cool::beer:

I have the rear end buttoned up, sliding to the front to swap in the new king pins and shackles there. Much better stance than before...

F6914227-036E-44C2-9AE0-97698B84539A.jpeg
FA7F3C40-DD26-43E5-B893-1861486627D4.jpeg
A5B2CAE8-00E0-4ADD-B78D-68EEB27BD3BA.jpeg

Wish I could help Jerry, but I'll be out of town this weekend. If it gets pushed back, let me know!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom