HAMOM request 11/2 at Mtbcoach’s compound...9am start... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mtbcoach

Threads
Update 11/2...all good, 8hrs in, looking good on the Treager...
17C8C942-1C0B-4720-AF8A-A157092F251B.jpeg

Update 11/1...frigid overnight temps will test how well the spray foam insulation helps. I do have a LPG “campfire ring” if necessary to warm the shop. For new visitors, as you travel on my road, you will see my white 4 rail fence, pull into driveway and we will open the gate to park behind the fence. My driveway is directly across Magnum Ct.

Tool request...I’d like to ask someone to bring a back up floor jack and a couple jack stands. I’ve got a fresh jack/stands, just can’t hurt to have back up. Also, please consider marking your tools, mine will be available for all to use. I have a gal of FastOrange, 3 boxes of towels/rags, will have some packing blankets to take the chill off the concrete floor in the morning.

Scope is focus on the 60, CruiserCorps.com failed to manage my order well, having them delay it from today until Monday so I don’t have the 80 axle e-brake rebuild kits. My mistake for trusting them, held order without communicating. due to their mistake saying another (non-critical) part went out of stock before they could full fill the rest, my order sat until I called them.

Food - I’ll be smoking 7.5lbs of Boston Butt over apple and mesquite, roasting 2 chickens, burgers, dogs, chili, beans, baked sweets, shop fridge filled with beverages. Plan on eating a late lunch with plenty of snacks on hand to keep people fueled.

Lastly, cracking deep into my vault (truth is I’m purging), I would like to give anyone who drops by one of our classic, 1st gen pint glasses that I still have a few to share...
5C416B0F-1D9C-4902-9F4B-637E433B1B91.jpeg

Thanks again for everyone’s support, see you in the morning...

Update 10/30...gates open 8a for caffeine and snacks, making noise by 9a...building punch lists, will post here and print out for the day. In general...

FJ60 - engine bay, finish install of saginaw pump kit/smog pump delete (already desmoged), delete rear seat heater hoses/coolant routing, fill fluids...front suspension, remove/replace TRE’s, replace shackle pins w/greasable, install calipers/pads, bleed brakes...rear suspension, remove/replace OEM with OME springs/shocks/shackles, install fresh brake shoes

FZJ80 - finish rebuilding rear axle, fresh fuel/battery to fire engine, consider installing rear driveshaft to make it mobile in-lieu of swapping axle...TBD, troubleshoot dash LED bulb upgrade gone awry

Weather is looking positive, cool, post rainy days and clear. If I miss you an location PM, let me know, thanks again for everyone’s support ☺

Update 10/23...To my fellow ONSC crew, I find myself in the need of the skills and knowledge of you to help me get my project(s) functional again. I’ve reached out to Eric and the BOD to see what the best weekend my request would fit into the busy ONSC calendar, we have chosen November 2nd for the event.

Some of you know that I’ve been challenged in my life, being diagnosed with a neurological condition that impacts my dexterity, strength, most impactful in my hands. I’ve been lying to myself for years on what I’m still capable of performing, recent events have me coming to terms with what I’m truly capable of doing. Most significant, is believing I can do some of these tasks by myself. I apologize to ask you to fix my great ability to take things apart but not get them back together.

My primary goal is to get my ‘83 FJ60 back on the road, finishing the OME suspension installation (front done, rear not), finish the smog pump delete, rear seat heater delete. I’ll edit this post with a task list, all parts on hand. Secondary goal is to finish the my 80 axle to be swapped onto the 80. Truth is, I’ll be selling my FZJ80 (will be posting ad soon) and don’t want to ask my fellow members to help me make money. However, if I find a new buyer, maybe we can help the new buyer get the 80 ready for them.

As per usual HAMOM rules, I will provide a fine assortment of smoked meats, side dishes, beverages (please advise to any allergy issues I may need to be aware of) and fishing rights to my pond that is stocked with large mouth, blue gill, shell crackers and one HUGE snapper. My property is fully fenced, friendly dogs welcome to romp, kids that want to play in my woods welcome, plenty of parking inside the compound.

We will be working in my fresh shop, out of the weather in the event it rains. Please don’t hesitate to post questions or PM me for address if you don’t have it. I’m very close to the Hwy 54/15/501 interchange in Chapel Hill.

Thank you for considering helping me get a rig running so I can get out and be a participating and contributing member again...

Edit...forgot to include urban camping opportunity...

Yes, accepting reservations for amazing spots on the compound. I have power in the shop to run to sites, 30a service on RV pad, full bath upstairs and half bath in basement. If anyone out of town, or in town, want to camp, open arms to enjoy the 3.5 acre fenced compound...

Overflow/Parking, like Rice did the one time I came to his place, line up along fence:
038E65BA-C5A7-4FDD-9012-F0F4AF0B5884.jpeg

Last edited:
I'll be there. Should I bring any tools?

Damn I was supposed to be in NC that weekend but canceled it due to my family not being there that weekend, wish I had not now.

Anything I can do to help from here @Mtbcoach I can send beer/scotch for the helpers?

Last edited:
Definitely IN.

Damn I was supposed to be in NC that weekend but canceled it due to my family not being there that weekend, wish I had not now.

Anything I can do to help from here @Mtbcoach I can send beer/scotch for the helpers?

Just that gigalo number my wife won at the Christmas party...

I'll be there, Jerry! Let me know if I can bring anything...

The Jones family will be there and look forward to wrenching!

I can bring my jack, torque wrench, 1/4 impact, and will have an assortment of tools in the truck. Shannon has also offered to bring a side dish to contribute. If the weather cooperates, maybe we could make this a camping event for those traveling some distance and want an overnight option.

The Jones family will be there and look forward to wrenching!

I can bring my jack, torque wrench, 1/4 impact, and will have an assortment of tools in the truck. Shannon has also offered to bring a side dish to contribute. If the weather cooperates, maybe we could make this a camping event for those traveling some distance and want an overnight option.

Thank you and...Absolutely! I have plenty of camping/RTT space, one RV pad w/30a outlet but only 1 full bath inside + 1/2 bath in basement but plenty of trees for the boys to use. Anyone wanting to do, just let me know...

@Mtbcoach I'm going to try and make this. I look forward to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom