HAM Day: Help Bart Put a Lift on His 62 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The 62 has been officially lifted. Big thanks to Tom for hosting, and thank you Steve, John S., Sam, Jon H., and Chris for the good help. What a difference.

Steve and Tom tempt death.

DSC_0115.JPG

John and Sam working on those nasty spring pins. Cutting was necessary.

DSC_0117.JPG

New springs in.

DSC_0118.JPG

Jon using ESP on my truck.

DSC_0120.JPG

The crew that did the work.

DSC_0126.JPG

Last edited:
Everything turned out good. Thanks for breakfast and the excellent burgers Bart. You couldn"t ask for a better way to spend a rainy Sat. :cheers:

It was a good time,i can't believe it only took four hours that is a new record !!!! Good beer too.

yeah my thoughts exactly..... a real pic of the truck....

Four hours? No really, what time did you get finished? Figure out any tricks to get those last two pins out.

The official timekeeper says it took us 4 hours, and who am I to question the guru who occupies The Garage of Knowledge (East Coast Branch)?:D:D:D

It was a :banana::banana::banana: job only because it took so many "shade tree grease monkeys" to win The Battle of the Spring Pins. Please notice the size of the cut-off disk on the 4.5" grinder in Tom's hands. That is a cut down cutting disc from his chop saw, which incidently happens to be the only power tool that was NOT used in the Battle of the Spring Pins. Notice the clearance for knuckles, or rather lack thereof. Tom either has nerves of steel or good insurance coverage.

Notice: Almost nobody was hurt, maimed or killed during the lifting of this truck....however a few of us are a wee bit sore today!

If you deduct the 3 additional hours for The Battle of the Spring Pins it took us 4 hrs :rolleyes:

If you deduct the 3 additional hours for The Battle of the Spring Pins it took us 4 hrs :rolleyes:

That sounds more like it. I was there for 2 hours or so, and when i left the front springs were still hanging by the fixed end.

I can't believe how much trouble those pins were. Bart's truck is comparable to mine in terms of rust/wear, pretty close in mileage I recall (mine has 150k). And mine came out with very little effort - 5 # sledge and a minute or so of hammering. I wonder what causes some to fuse like Bart's and others not to.

That sounds more like it. I was there for 2 hours or so, and when i left the front springs were still hanging by the fixed end.

I can't believe how much trouble those pins were. Bart's truck is comparable to mine in terms of rust/wear, pretty close in mileage I recall (mine has 150k). And mine came out with very little effort - 5 # sledge and a minute or so of hammering. I wonder what causes some to fuse like Bart's and others not to.

I think that the rust is worse on my truck. I have broken bolts on my truck in three different locations because of rust. I had rusty rear quarters that I had repaired. I think that your truck is much cleaner.

now, now no arguing about who's truck is rustier....

Thats the good stuff, definitely worth a day of wrenching for a truck that looks that cool. Good job :grinpimp:

Very manly!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom