Ham / CB radio mounting FJ60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My stuff is effectively an 8" tablet PC (now using an Itronix DuoTouch, ruggedized tablet). I am looking for a newer Windows tablet PC with a 10" brighter touchscreen as I want the larger area for mapping and the good software still seems to be Windows based.

I have heard of a lot of work that Intel is doing lately with Android drivers that could allow dual booting between Windows and Android on x86 architectures, so that is promising with all the work into tablet app development.

I have been thinking of building a metal strip from the rear view mirror bolts to the dome light bolts. Then welding on brackets to attach the CB and overhead things (glasses holder, lights..)

For now the HAM head is on the gadget bar. The CB is mounted to the front slope of the Tuffy. I got one of the old TiltOMeters being sold recently on mud, so no inclinometers (I really liked the Mitsubishi Montero ones though.. the spherical ones).

owyhee-79.JPG

Can you tell me what you used to create this command center?? What mounts did u use??

Can you tell me what you used to create this command center?? What mounts did u use??
(NOTE: my bad, I was thinking of the earlier setup I have posted in this thread)

The simple answer is get some 1" sched 40 pipe, don't try to make too tight of radius bends and get an extra piece or two. (my left side at the top is kinked but fine for how it is used) It can get pretty convoluted with the multiple and compound bends. Your 2nd attempt will be better than your 1st. I welded some plate onto the bar ends as it curls under the dash and captures two bolts per side that are part of the dash mount.

The mounts are RAM handlebar ubolt mounts made for motorcycle application mostly.

You don't want that.. it's a floor mount RAM with a pivot arm thing that accessories hang off. It wasn't very stable. The next thing I made worked a lot better, but your Harbor Freight bending skills better be polished.
IMG_2443.JPG

IMG_2470.jpg

This thing works a lot better. It is setup to use handlebar u-bolt RAM mounts that can be set in nearly any orientation along the width of the dash.

I made one for the 40 too...

DSC_0173.jpg

Last edited:
Found a pic of how it mounts underneath.
gadgetbar2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom