HALP! she wont start (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
looking for diagnosis help. i have a 84 HJ47 with her original 2h. she stopped running. cranks good and strong. i thought maybe a had an air leak and still do when i depress the manual primer fuel shoots up along the plunger making a mess and giving me a nice diesel manicure. additional she is now draining the battery while she sits verified nothing on and happened again. thank you for any thoughts

Is the fuel cutoff switch turned on correct?

I don’t know if that’s a factory thing, but both of the diesel 40s I had used a diesel cutoff switch.

On mine, this needs to be pushed in for it to start, and pulled out for it to turn off. It was the same in a HJ45 I had. When I first got my BJ40, I had the same issue you had, but I forgot about that switch

F222B102-2817-455A-B793-6738062D6A2A.jpeg

Yup, primer pump will leak when the seal goes out. Once you pump it you bleed the air by the fuel filter. Repeat the process until all the air comes out. I purchased bosh one as spare. Sometimes people forget the water separator has to be drained. Good luck.

Yup, primer pump will leak when the seal goes out. Once you pump it you bleed the air by the fuel filter. Repeat the process until all the air comes out. I purchased bosh one as spare. Sometimes people forget the water separator has to be drained. Good luck.
Wait where's the water separator

Wait where's the water separator
Underneath the cab between the frame rails. The south american one is located next to the air canister looking thing. It's not made of glass.

The other problem I have seen is diesel will develop fungus and will get into your fuel line and clog it. That is what happened to mine and I ended blowing out. This is not what expected but that it was when took a closer look.

Sounds like disconnecting the edic rod is the first thing to try?

Have you pulled a glow plug out to check they're OK?

Should still start without glow at a stretch but depends how worn out everything else is in your engine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom