Halo Lights - Turn Signal vs Hazard Light (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm putting back together a wrecked FJ80, and the previous owners had cut the factory headlight assembly to run aftermarket Halo's similar to the picture below.

It appears they have wired the 3 LED running lights (orange arrow), the 2 Halo's (yellow arrow), and the side marker (green arrow) all together into the factory solid green wire. Looking at the EWD, I believe this is the "Hazard" circuit.

The harness for the light blue arrow appears to have the factory connector on it, which for the Driver-Side is Green with a yellow stripe. It doesn't appear that was played with.

So I guess my questions are:
1) Is the corner light (green arrow), supposed to operate like a constant running light? or a blinking turn signal?

2) Is the hazard circuit the same as "parking lights"? ie, when the headlight switch is turned to the first position these turn on regardless of of turn signals?

3) I fee like the green arrow should be on the turn signal curcuit, so it can act like a side marker as well.

4) Is there any other way I should wire these?

Thanks!

Headligh Options.jpg

I'm putting back together a wrecked FJ80, and the previous owners had cut the factory headlight assembly to run aftermarket Halo's similar to the picture below.

It appears they have wired the 3 LED running lights (orange arrow), the 2 Halo's (yellow arrow), and the side marker (green arrow) all together into the factory solid green wire. Looking at the EWD, I believe this is the "Hazard" circuit.

The harness for the light blue arrow appears to have the factory connector on it, which for the Driver-Side is Green with a yellow stripe. It doesn't appear that was played with.

So I guess my questions are:
1) Is the corner light (green arrow), supposed to operate like a constant running light? or a blinking turn signal?

2) Is the hazard circuit the same as "parking lights"? ie, when the headlight switch is turned to the first position these turn on regardless of of turn signals?

3) I fee like the green arrow should be on the turn signal curcuit, so it can act like a side marker as well.

4) Is there any other way I should wire these?

Thanks!

View attachment 2604776
1. The corner lights can act as a signal but it’s not wired that way stock. The amber indicator in the valance is the signal light.
2. The corner light is your parking light should come on with the first turn on the switch.
3. You can wire it this way you just have to tap into the harness for the signal light. I put off road lights where the indicator is on the valance and moved the signal harnes/wiring to the corner light so it is now the parking light and turn signal. Front Parking/Blinker Combo Mod - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/front-parking-blinker-combo-mod.271281/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom