halfdoors pics (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

fjwagon

SILVER Star
Threads
Just got around to installing the half doors I ordered from Eshan. I had no problems installing the passenger side, however, the driver side was a little tricky....seemed like the door was somewhat twisted.....anyhow, got the door to close but still needs a little bit more tweaking. Has anyone installed Ehsan's halfdoors and have you had trouble installing them? I have not gotten to aligning latch part yet any tips are appreciated.;)

Another issue I had was the plastic handle to open the doors....well the color....to say the least. My interior is grey so grey or black would of been better choice in my opinion. So I went to the Toyota dealer and got a chrome one that fits a fj60 for a test run. The only problem is the wire that is used to link the handle to the latch is not long enough.....no big deal I'll bend another piece of wire to fit. Other than that the doors look great and I actulally like them better than the fiberglass one I previously installed.
DSC06739.JPG
DSC06718.JPG
DSC06716.JPG

Last edited:
the other side of the handle
DSC06714.JPG

They look pretty good from here.I'm still trying to figure out the inside latch on mine.
HPIM0411.jpg

It's a great start. My first guess would be to decide where your want the interior door handle. Mine is located right where it starts going up. You just need a longer wire but will work or move it down and the bend the wire in "Z" shape so it will be lower either way you may need a longer wire. The only worry is making sure it's rectangle hole and handle sits flush so a panel can be installed. I was going to use a the fj 40 handle but opted to use a fj60 one. Mine is not the same as the ones from heritage. You can try doing a search on mud or pirate to more ideas.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom