“Half tab woes” update (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’ve had a few people p.m. asking the status of my half tub situation. I ordered from Land Cruiser Heaven I did see pictures of the completed half tab built according to the specs I gave them. It hasn’t shipped yet. Going on the second week in November! I’m hoping for some good news soon from Frank. The original order was made back in March!!! No doubt they are good guys at LCH, but at what point do l flip out and stop being so patient!!!! Frank was going down to Columbia to check on the shipment.. see if it made up a full container but haven’t heard back for some time. Wish me luck! I’m dying to get going again on my resto project!!!

I feel your pain.Been waiting on front floor pans for my 81 fj40 since June 10 from landcruiser heaven.I have made several calls and Frank continues to give me arrival dates which come and go and still no parts.October 24th was the last date he assured me that they would arrive and guess what still nothing.I suppose I should of done some better research before doing business with this company.I just wish Frank would have been honest with me.I mean I have never had to wait four months for anything I have ordered, not to mention how quick they were to take my money.Good luck with your project.

pondering my options on a replacement tub. this tread does not make me feel very good about the process.
Please keep us posted on how this turns out.

pondering my options on a replacement tub. this tread does not make me feel very good about the process.
Please keep us posted on how this turns out.

Go aqualu and never look back.

It is frustrating. I have been very patient... ever start a project and then it takes so long to complete it that you forget where all the parts go and how things go together? I’m at that point! I’ve gotten everything but the body painted and ready to assemble. Can’t go any further until the tub rear shows up... I️ guess it will be my winter project instead of my spring/summer project...

Just got an update from Frank down at Land Cruiser Heaven. He just returned from Columbia. Told me that all the parts are ready to be loaded onto the shipping container in the next couple of weeks. Ships a week after that, and maybe to Miami the second week in December. Jeesh this is killing me! I’ve never shipped anything across the ocean not to mention loaded in a container.. but does it really take this long? As I️ said, I can do nothing but sit on my hands and wait... this thread HAS to be getting out there to potential buyers....and l would think those who Are already skeptical have turned away from the Columbia tub prospect.... I’m pretty tolerant but I’m about at my wits end here.... Frank is always polite and upbeat about this shipment which has kept me from blowing my top with him!

I have ordered from Frank at LCH before with a moderate wait time. Understand that he has next to no control over Auto Parts Zarate whom he is getting the parts from. They also have a lot of extended holidays in SA that we don't celebrate here. Then there is the graft and corruption to deal with in shipping parts to and from this country. I know this sounds like a lot of excuses but it is the reality of doing business in SA.

I hope this helps in some way.

Yes l understand. I know Frank’s under the gun to get these parts shipped out, while talking to him he mentioned that he had dozens of emails and text to reply to as far as inquiries in and parts ordered.
LCH COLOMBIA S.A.S are the people I’ve been dealing with besides Frank. He told me he’s part owner of this company in Columbia. That’s why he’s been flying down on weekends to try and organize this order. I’m not complaining or calling anyone corrupt, I’m just impatient LOL I’ve got a ton of work to do once I get this tub as far as removing the first and attaching the second. Call it ADD... or call it tired of tripping over parts scattered throughout my shop waiting to complete this project! Regardless I’m thankful to have this resource

Yes l understand. I know Frank’s under the gun to get these parts shipped out, while talking to him he mentioned that he had dozens of emails and text to reply to as far as inquiries in and parts ordered.
LCH COLOMBIA S.A.S are the people I’ve been dealing with besides Frank. He told me he’s part owner of this company in Columbia. That’s why he’s been flying down on weekends to try and organize this order. I’m not complaining or calling anyone corrupt, I’m just impatient LOL I’ve got a ton of work to do once I get this tub as far as removing the first and attaching the second. Call it ADD... or call it tired of tripping over parts scattered throughout my shop waiting to complete this project! Regardless I’m thankful to have this resource
That is actually a very healthy attitude to have. I know when you get the "urge" to dig into a project that you just want to keep going and lack of a body would definitely stop you in your tracks.

Go aqualu and never look back.

Guess it just depends on the person. Here in AZ would never consider owning a FJ40 with a aluminum tub or any other body part. But lucky don't have to look into getting replacement body parts either. I finally got a H55F with a 4X series top cover. Not sure if I'm anal or stubborn but want the shifter in the original location not a few inches further back like a 60 series. Project to reproduce the top cover was started years ago. Haven't heard any on it for a while and believe it's on the third person trying to get it done. After looking for one for years I finally bought off eBay AU. That's when the fun started. Took over five months from when I sent payment until it arrived in town. But five months later and the reproduce project is no further along. It was frustrating at times but if my gut feeling felt it was okay would do it again. I really should treat it better, it hasn't been wrong yet. Off the top of my head can think of three things it should no and everyone would have been a mistake. Can't say about LCH. PM Frank when he was just starting and what I was looking for would be very hard to find in SA so never pursued it.

Yes, shipping container shipments take forever.

Don't for get about customs. They didn't like something in the container my transmission was in and required multiple pressure washing of items to pass. That believe was at least a month from arrival to port until release from customs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom