Half of temperature control / dash lights off - help! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Oh great MUD hive mind - can you lend a noob your thoughts & guidance?

When driving with the headlights lights turned only 1/2 of my temperature control / dash light turn on. Those that stay dark do come on sporadically from time to time - but its seldom. Do you have any advice how to fix this and restore the lights to all of the temperature buttons?

Thank you!!

Dash buttons.JPG

Mine did something similar because a bulb was loose. Pull the controls and make sure the bulb is properly twisted in.

One of these bulbs:

9B510FAC-F858-4BF5-A8C1-ADBBE2759913.jpeg

Mine did something similar because a bulb was loose. Pull the controls and make sure the bulb is properly twisted in.

One of these bulbs:

View attachment 3254389
THANK YOU! When I had the dash out for the stereo install I looked at the rear of this module and it seems that you could maybe access it without pulling it completely? I think there were 3 holes into the bulb location that were covered with some plastic adhesive..

It comes out as part of the whole panel. You should have access to the bulbs by removing the plastic adhesive tape over each one.

It comes out as part of the whole panel. You should have access to the bulbs by removing the plastic adhesive tape over each one.
Thanks again. I happen to be working from home today and a meeting got pushed so I ran outside for 5 mins and its fixed! I was able to access the bulbs without taking out the temperature control unit (as you said) - I pulled the 1/4 turn lights - gave the connections a quick clean up on 150grit sand paper, scraped the connections in the unit too, reinstalled and they are working again.

Thank you again MUD hive mind!!!!!!

dash fixed.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom