Half Ambulance Door w/ Tailgate (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I think this is an upgrade over ambi doors especially if you like to run with the top off. The improvement over tailgate with hatch is the ability to open the single door without having to swing out the spare. Pure stock is probably going to have the broadest appeal/value.

I've seen that mod a couple of times and I always thought it looked pretty cool. I have a spare tailgate and thought about doing the same thing with my ambulance doors but it also looks like it would be a pain to access anything in the back. With ambulance doors I usually only open the right door 80% of the time and grab what i need. With this split tailgate/doors, if I needed to load/unload something without having to reach over, it would take 4 separate motions to get it open. That's way too much trouble for a lazy person like me.

When I bought my 40, it had the stock barn doors, and a set of near perfect ambi doors. I decided to just go with ambi doors because I liked how clean it looked, plus the ability to open a door without swinging open the tire carrier. Along with this I purchased a 75-76 drivers side carrier to make it all work.
Part of me wishes I kept the barn doors, and cut the ambi doors in place of the hatch(I never had the hatch to begin with). Really like the look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom