Hail Damage... Fix or Total? On the fence... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Where are you located? I am a dent guy in the south east TN area.. diy kits might get you some terrible half ass results.. so I wouldnt hope for much. I suggest option 3 or 4... I am new to fj80s since last week (been a mini truck guy for a long time) and am shocked at how much parts are. So option 4 with selling off the extra parts could be a good decision financially.. and/or just to have extra expensive parts at your disposal.. half doors.. body panels.. drivetrain parts.. :drool could also get a used hood and look at some paint options too.

Where are you located? I am a dent guy in the south east TN area.. diy kits might get you some terrible half ass results.. so I wouldnt hope for much. I suggest option 3 or 4... I am new to fj80s since last week (been a mini truck guy for a long time) and am shocked at how much parts are. So option 4 with selling off the extra parts could be a good decision financially.. and/or just to have extra expensive parts at your disposal.. half doors.. body panels.. drivetrain parts.. :drool could also get a used hood and look at some paint options too.
Yeah, after some YouTubing I'm not very confident I could get it to look that great. I may give it a shot, but I'm skeptical at best... I posted up in the classifieds to try to find a good used hood in beige 4K1. I'd like to avoid painting a used hood as that would probably result in the same cost as just paying the PDR shop $1,000 to fix my current hood.

I painted my whole 62 for $800, looked good to me :hmm:

I'm going to start repainting my truck with tractor paint at some point. Not interested in a "nice" paint job considering the trees/bushes/stuff that scrapes against it constantly. Would much rather have something that just inhibits rust, perhaps looks okay, and is easy to touch up.

Well...I'm going to attempt the repairs myself, mainly just on the hood. The damage on the rest of the vehicle is really not noticeable, except for a couple spots on the hatch and a couple on the roof. I really am not too worried about getting the hood perfectly straight, I just want it to be straight enough I can apply a vinyl hood blackout and not worry about bubbling...

I ordered this PDR kit: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01NBDUAFL/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'm sure it'll be less than stellar and frustrating as hell but it'll be worth it if I can just get the hood looking decent... The PDR place wanted $1,000 to do the hood only.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom