Hagerty Article (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

"The 4x4 utility vehicle, a Japanese version of the famed WWII-era jeep, was launched in 1960 and began being imported to the U.S. in 1963."

ahhhhh no

hate when they start with not even knowing
Yep they came to the US before ‘63.

40's? Thought it was '60 for the 40's but not in the US till a couple years later.

1957 toyota sent a cruiser and troop carrier to Aberdeen for us military tests

Also 57’ came a Cruiser and Crown for car shows

1958 the first land cruiser was sold in usa

59’ 61 sold
60’ 162 sold

1960 the fj40 came out 8/1960...they were essentially 61’ models only imported to usa

It has been debated if there was ever a 60’ fj40 as all vins point to 1960’s fj25’s and 1961’s fj40... if there was it would have been VERY few like that of the fj35 and that is quite possible

1951 the Toyota Jeep (later named the bj and later yet land cruiser) come out

And these still were not modeled after the WWII jeep... they were Willys not Jeeps then :) they registered jeep name in 50’

Technically the AK10 was modeled after a WWII bantam brc40

1965 was first Toyota’s in canada

1967 first land cruiser in Canada

Last edited:
My rig is insured with them. I hope they don't start raising the rates.

X2! They put a limit on their policies that you state so in generally we are safe with an unchanged premium.
I'm on their email list, one of the few I have not shut down because a lot of their automotive articles I find interesting.

My rig is insured with them. I hope they don't start raising the rates.

My rates increased close to 20% last year. I made no claim(s) but a lot of folks in the region did from the two storms.

My rates increased close to 20% last year. I made no claim(s) but a lot of folks in the region did from the two storms.

That is with the same limit?

That is with the same limit?

Zero changes to anything. This is with their stated / agreed value policy if that makes a difference. I believe the same thing happened to David @David1947

On the plus side...I recently added a 2nd 40 series to the policy and with 20k in stated value it only cost me ~$75 a year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom