SOLD Hagerstown, Maryland 1989 Fj62 For Sale (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 60 Series
Mileage
Color
White
For sale is my 1989 Fj62, overall a nice vehicle. As with all East coast trucks it has some rust, most of which is confined to the bottoms of the rear quarter panels as shown in the pictures. Mileage is approximately 181,286. Upgrades include Old Man Emu Heavy suspension kit: New springs, bushings, shackles, shocks, U-bolts, and a U-bolt reversal kit on the rear axle. Previous owner preformed rust repair and frame reinforcement on the rear section of the frame. The rear axle, rearmost portion of the frame and select areas on the front of the frame and front axle have been coated in POR-15. I'm asking $8,200 OBO.

Repaired/replaced items:

-Sealed fuel tank using POR-15 fuel tank sealer
-Painted exterior of fuel tank using POR-15
-Installed new Aisin fuel pump with refurbished bracket
-installed refurbished fuel tank straps with new hardware
- Installed new OEM fuel filler tube with OEM clamps
- Installed new aftermarket fuel filter
- Powdercoated front sway bar and installed via extended sway bar link kit from Man-a-fre
-Painted rear sway bar and installed via extended sway bar link kit
-Sway bars installed with new zinc plated hardware
-Rear Diff cover gasket replaced with OEM
-Rear Diff drain and fill plug gasket replaced with new OEM- refilled with 80w-90 mobile1 gear oil
-Replaced interior dimmer knob with used one
-Entire front and rear suspension components replaced (springs,shackles,bushings,U-bolts,shocks)
-Preformed two oil changes within the past 3,000 miles. Both with pennzoil 10w-30 conventional using STP filters because I don't like Toyotas new tiny filters
-Replaced thermostat with New OEM thermostat, housing gasket, O-ring gasket, and hardware - coolant refilled with prestone
-Repainted rear mudflaps and installed
- Used Thule roof rails installed
- A/C converted to R134, works but probably needs recharged

Items that need replaced/the bad stuff:

-Tie rod ends need replaced, pretty evident over bumps
-Tires have good tread but are getting old, slow leak from driver rear (depending how long it takes to sell I may replace tie rod ends and driver rear tire for new owner)
- Rust already mentioned in rear quarter panels, some rust in bottoms of front doors as well
-Alignment when tie rod ends get done
- originally had pinstripes that were peeling, upon removal from passenger front fender took paint off with them.
-cracked dash pad in the center of top of steering wheel.

Thats about it, if i think of anything else i'll update the posting. Really good strong truck, just isn't practical enough for me right now. Been daily driving it for about 6 months, dialing everything in slowly. transmission shifts fine, cruises between 70-80 mph on the highway. Clean Carfax I can send upon request.

IMG_0028.JPG

IMG_0056.JPG

IMG_0057.JPG

IMG_0053.JPG

IMG_0041.JPG

For sale is my 1989 Fj62, overall a nice vehicle. As with all East coast trucks it has some rust, most of which is confined to the bottoms of the rear quarter panels as shown in the pictures. Mileage is approximately 181,286. Upgrades include Old Man Emu Heavy suspension kit: New springs, bushings, shackles, shocks, U-bolts, and a U-bolt reversal kit on the rear axle. Previous owner preformed rust repair and frame reinforcement on the rear section of the frame. The rear axle, rearmost portion of the frame and select areas on the front of the frame and front axle have been coated in POR-15. I'm asking $8,200 OBO.

Repaired/replaced items:

-Sealed fuel tank using POR-15 fuel tank sealer
-Painted exterior of fuel tank using POR-15
-Installed new Aisin fuel pump with refurbished bracket
-installed refurbished fuel tank straps with new hardware
- Installed new OEM fuel filler tube with OEM clamps
- Installed new aftermarket fuel filter
- Powdercoated front sway bar and installed via extended sway bar link kit from Man-a-fre
-Painted rear sway bar and installed via extended sway bar link kit
-Sway bars installed with new zinc plated hardware
-Rear Diff cover gasket replaced with OEM
-Rear Diff drain and fill plug gasket replaced with new OEM- refilled with 80w-90 mobile1 gear oil
-Replaced interior dimmer knob with used one
-Entire front and rear suspension components replaced (springs,shackles,bushings,U-bolts,shocks)
-Preformed two oil changes within the past 3,000 miles. Both with pennzoil 10w-30 conventional using STP filters because I don't like Toyotas new tiny filters
-Replaced thermostat with New OEM thermostat, housing gasket, O-ring gasket, and hardware - coolant refilled with prestone
-Repainted rear mudflaps and installed
- Used Thule roof rails installed
- A/C converted to R134, works but probably needs recharged

Items that need replaced/the bad stuff:

-Tie rod ends need replaced, pretty evident over bumps
-Tires have good tread but are getting old, slow leak from driver rear (depending how long it takes to sell I may replace tie rod ends and driver rear tire for new owner)
- Rust already mentioned in rear quarter panels, some rust in bottoms of front doors as well
-Alignment when tie rod ends get done
- originally had pinstripes that were peeling, upon removal from passenger front fender took paint off with them.
-cracked dash pad in the center of top of steering wheel.

Thats about it, if i think of anything else i'll update the posting. Really good strong truck, just isn't practical enough for me right now. Been daily driving it for about 6 months, dialing everything in slowly. transmission shifts fine, cruises between 70-80 mph on the highway. Clean Carfax I can send upon request.

View attachment 2406858

View attachment 2406863

View attachment 2406868

View attachment 2406884

View attachment 2406885

IMG_0035.JPG

IMG_0048.JPG

IMG_0045.JPG

IMG_0046.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom