had to fix the watchamacallit on the tailgate... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

e9999

Gotta get outta here...
Threads
yes, the thingy on the side that holds the articulated shindig that keeps the tailgate from going too low. It was visibly loose and would have probably started to bend the tailgate metal if I let it.
turns out there is a captive nut that is supposed to be welded inside the tailgate to hold that bolt (which has a ridiculously small phillips head on it). But the nut was loose. It was quite interesting to find a way to hold it still inside the tailgate from about a foot away, I can tell you...

check yours, if it's loose, the stress may do the nut it.... (! :D )

Please take your tech terminology back to the 100 forum.:flipoff2: I fear it is more than most of our feeble little minds can comprehend.

reffug said:
Please take your tech terminology back to the 100 forum.:flipoff2: I fear it is more than most of our feeble little minds can comprehend.

I'll let the prosecution rest its case, your honor...! :D

what are you talking about....the limiting straps on the sides? take a pic

yes I think E is talking about the limiting straps. those have a very small Philips for the size of the fastener.

I"m talking about the bolt that bolts on the edge of the tailgate with several washers and that the articulated limiting strap -if that's its name- attaches to and pivots around. That bolt was loose on my tailgate.

e9999 said:
That bolt was loose on my tailgate.

Thats not the only thing thats loose where your concerned.

e,
I know what you are talking about if it makes you feel any better! I had the same problem. You can take the inner panel out and reach right in there. I had to replace my bolt with a cobbled up bolt/spacer/washers/locknut. You can't just buy the phillips head shoulder bolt....you have to buy the entire strap. I think mine failed due to my wife dropping the tailgate down instead of gently lowering it...............she'll never own up to it.
out

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom