Had the 37s and Allied beadlocks balanced for fun... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

treerootCO

Where are my keys?!
Threads
Website
home.comcast.net
because I was bored more than anything I guess....I am going wheeling today so we will see how many weights are still on after that :D
IMG_2629.jpg

you could actually balance a beadlock? That'd be about as good as trying to balance the 38.5 sx'x on allied's I picked up from Woody.. What was the tire guy's expression?

local shops here refused to do those 38'5.s when they were still on the regular steelies....started one, added about 10# of weight, then began laughing :D

another shop said my cost for balancing had to include them recalibrating their machine, since big tires threw it off for anything else....yikes

Has anybody tried match mounting?

get radial hawgs and you can run em unbalanced.
36 x 14.5 on 15x10's and no wobble ( well not that is noticable)

Treeeroot, you stil employed?

if ya knock em all off, flip the tire 180 on the rim and have em try again.

nuclearlemon said:
if ya knock em all off, flip the tire 180 on the rim and have em try again.

That is quick and sometimes helps, but match mounting is much better. It's a pain in the ass, but you end up using the balancer to find the heaviest part of the wheel and match it with the lightest part of the tire.

The Les Scwab near my house will balance large tires. I had two of my recapped humvee tires balanced. One was round and took 19 oz. The other one took 40 oz and still had a 1/2" hop. That one was not very round. So I gave up and ordered some IROKs, which just arrived, I pick them up Friday. Anyways, these are on dual internal bead locks with a rock ring. They used the stick on square weights inside the ring, about a foot long strip and four layers stacked on top of each other, and the clip on weights with stick on weights on the inside bead. I will mount up the IROKs on the wheels and bring them back in for balancing before putting them on the truck.

gary

Still employed as of today :)

The weights really didn't help at all. I have run these unbalanced for awhile and I can't tell a difference.

we need to hook up on some cheap 60 trim parts you have mike... ;)

you goin to holy cross this weekend?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom