Had My Rock Crawler FJ for over 10 years now. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The stk heater won't interfere with the passengers leg room. It mounts under the dash, below the switches and knobs. Just above the trans tunnel. There should be 4 bolt holes on the fire wall in a square pattern. There is an air duct that runs from the pass side cabin fan opening to the box, but it tucks up tight to the dash.
I Think I'll be happier going that route then. I just figured the aftermarket one would be easier, but I really think the lost space will annoy me.

I found the stock heater totally adequate while wheeling in snow (and respective temperatures) at Easter Jeep Safari in Moab, and also when we got caught in a blizzard on the Navajo reservation on year going back to AZ from Cruise Moab

trick is to open the heater valve under the hood ahead of time to allow for maximum water circulation :doh:

as for the windshield wipers in that blizzard ? couldn't keep up :bang:

... and also when we got caught in a blizzard on the Navajo reservation on year going back to AZ from Cruise Moab

Was that in 2010 by any chance? My daughter and I got caught in a pretty big snowstorm on the Rez that year. The only photo I have of it is at the motel in Gallup, the snow had just started as we were about to leave and drive to Monticello.

IMG_0062.jpg

as for the windshield wipers in that blizzard ? couldn't keep up :bang:

Yep - had to stop every now and then to manually remove snow and ice from the windshield.

The windshield wipers keeping up is not likely on mine either. There aren't any yet. Another box of parts. lol

I went wheeling last Sunday in the snow. Still had no heater or windows. I put 37" hummer tires on it because the iroks were wearing unevenly on the highway. BIG mistake! They suck in the snow. I had fun wheeling a much less capable rig than I've been used to. The IROKs are going back on for the next trip.
I also had an issue with the shifter in the SM465. The shift lever got real sloppy and was a real pain to find any gear. It turned out to be the 2 roll pins that hold the lever in. They had backed out with all my crazy shifting trying to get out of all the crap I got into. I put some locktite on them and tapped them back in place. I also greased everything up on the lever.

IMG_20191213_204952701.jpg

I just finished installing a 14 bolt rear end and pushed the axle back an inch or so. I had the drive shaft retubed to about 3" longer. I'll need to trim up the rear of the wheel wells to clear the tires.

20201008_182302.jpg

20201008_182655-1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom