Had It With The 3fe (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
starting to look for parts for the SBC swap, this #@%$ 3fe has seen about $2000 + into it since august last year(which should have gone towards a 350), and after working on the fuel leak issue once and twice by a mechanic its leaking again. Thats definately the last straw, sooo im ordering the adapter kit tonight, and trying to find or source the rest of the parts for the swap.

Can anyone tell me the part # and place to get the ramhorn or header hugger exhaust parts, and maybe the part #'s for the brackets needed for alternator or A/C etc. And any other parts that i should be ordering now. I havent decided weather to go with a crate or try and find a donor yet, but ill order the rest in the meantime.

All informative and positive info would be helpful. Thanx!!

By the way my goals for the swap are simplicty and longevity, and then economy. I'd like to go with the TBI and timing gears over chain for the simplicity issue, any feedback or experience (and where to buy) with either if these would help alot too.

I thought 3FE's were unbreakable? :)

Good luck with your project. I got no info...

Shoot Texican a PM he has the part numbers for the exhaust manifolds and the cross over pipe.

HTH,

sorry to read this. A pain to sink $$ in something and then have to let go...

(you do know that you have to feed the hamsters in the 3FE regularly, right...? :D)

I'll PM texican in aminute thanks.

Feed hamsters?, more like a pack of rabid wookies. I know there is some who really like the 3FE, i do like toyota stuff alot and im stoked on my other cruiser with over 400,000kms on it which runs more reliably than like 70% of the other vehicles on the road. But i walked into a 3FE that seems to be on its way out.

they have to put some obsolescence in the design otherwise they would still all be on the road and they would not sell any more... sorry you're one of those... :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom