Had a question for anyone willing to listen. Just got a 1995 fj80 disc brake rear, can't find a rear diff cover anywhere. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Cant find a rear diff cover for my 1995 land cruiser anywhere. It's the "later" version with disc brakes if that's relevant. I found covers for every other generation but the original cover has the hand brake cable attached to it and the tab rusted off. Just trying to find a replacement that isn't at a dealer. Was hoping to find a ARB or similar that is stronger but no luck as of yet. Thanks in advance for any suggestions/leads. Only part I've failed to find.

You should really hope you don't have a removable cover. Or someone swapped that rear. If you're looking for a stronger option, you could also weld on some plate or diff rock guards.

Only the semi-floating rear axles had removable covers.
The tab for the handbrake equalizer is on the left side of the axle tube.
The mount for the LSPV arm is on the back of the differential housing.
I think he is talking about the little tab that holds the bare section of parking brake cable that shoots over to the passenger (LHD) bell crank.

I think he is talking about the little tab that holds the bare section of parking brake cable that shoots over to the passenger (LHD) bell crank.
Yep. That runs through the LSPV arm bracket. I forgot about that one. All this stuff is an easy job for a decent welder.

Yep. That runs through the LSPV arm bracket. I forgot about that one. All this stuff is an easy job for a decent welder.
Those should use two separate mounting tabs. Everything LSPV is ancient history on my truck including the stuff welded to the axle housing, but the cable holder remains.

Thanks for the quick replies guys! Felt kind of stupid after seeing this and taking a second look that there was indeed no actual cover I'll clean it up spotless and have a new tab/hookup welded. Only "bad" thing I had noticed underneath when I was looking at it. Tried to scrape rust off and tab broke off haha. Thanks again

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom