H55s "stiff + notchy" ??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

WSOPgold2012

MoxieMan
SILVER Star
Threads
Was reading a thread and someone mentioned H55s are "stiff + notchy". Is this true of all H55s? Is that a bad thing??

Thanks.
Screenshot_20210421-140212.png

My h55f is old and 2nd to 3rd is notchy. Others are fine. The biggest problem in mine is First to Second shift gives me a thud sometimes. I cant seem to figure out why
That’s odd. There’s a common thud or clunk that happens in the transfer case when the output shaft gets worn out and the gears rattle in the splines. I bet you’ve got some worn synchros and your gear teeth are just a hair off of alignment when you’re shifting.

Adjust that sob.
No adjustment here other than the pedal, which is dialed in. I just need to replace the 1st/3rd synchro.

That’s odd. There’s a common thud or clunk that happens in the transfer case when the output shaft gets worn out and the gears rattle in the splines. I bet you’ve got some worn synchros and your gear teeth are just a hair off of alignment when you’re shifting.
Its strange. Its only first to second and its not all the time. The Tcase and Transmission were rebuilt by classic cruisers just two years ago. Its the only clean thing up under the truck haha

No adjustment here other than the pedal, which is dialed in. I just need to replace the 1st/3rd synchro.
Weird. Mine is like butter. There’s resistance but it’s really easy. Maybe I’m just traumatized by the rusty 66 ford pickup with no power anything I learned to drive in... now THAT thing was horrible in traffic. And I was a skate boarder/bmx racer back then with legs of titanium.

Weird. Mine is like butter. There’s resistance but it’s really easy. Maybe I’m just traumatized by the rusty 66 ford pickup with no power anything I learned to drive in... now THAT thing was horrible in traffic. And I was a skate boarder/bmx racer back then with legs of titanium.
Oh it's smooth, even for a non boosted clutch master. Just a hell off a cardio workout in traffic 😂

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom