H55F shifter removal help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi, can't get the shifter out of the transmission. Yes I removed the cover thing that you twist a little counter clockwise with the spring under it. It moves up about 1/4" or so and something is stopping it coming out. I even removed one of those round tab things that the round cover hooks on/locks down on.
Thanks.

Ok, that spring is not easy to compress. Grab a rag and press harder, twist the retainer and it should come out. I don’t see why it wouldn’t. The retainer should move freely up and down the skinny portion of the shifter. Then the shifter has a plastic piece that wears out right at the end of it, inside the tranny. They sometimes bind a little. Make sure tranny is in neutral.

Ok, this is a case of worn plastic clip at end of shifter. Try twisting the shifter on its axis. The end of it is flat and if it twists, it will kind of lock in the gearbox, in a slot like a key. I hope this makes sense. Try twisting slowly to key it out.this happens with worn plastic bushings on the of the shifter.

Got it out but left the plastic piece in the box☹️😳

BCA9E783-5250-46C5-AA5C-D0781896A352.jpeg

Can you see the plastic bush easily and what is holding it in ?

It’s important that the box is in neutral for all this to go smooth but I am sure you knew that.

Got the plastic cup out no idea what was holding it in. Anyway, so now I got to figure out what to do with the missing side pin I drilled out hoping that would help with getting the shifter out. Thoughts? Is the cover a cast steel or what? Was thinking of maybe tapping that hole and running a bolt in, unless you guys have some better ideas? Thanks

349BAD80-D050-493B-A34E-13860A7BCA29.jpeg

SOR sells a replacement pin kit.

4EDE41D5-4B4B-401D-A734-FC3D5C703FC6.jpeg

Got the plastic cup out no idea what was holding it in

I think they distort and change shape over time and get stuck. I seem to remember I had one that required some work with a pick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom