H55F shifter bushing (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Spook50

Skål
Supporting Vendor
Threads
The shifter on my H55F seems to have more play than it should when in gear, so I looked at some parts diagrams and found a factory shifter seat (33505-60020) and a shifter bushing (33548-60020). My shifter seat apears new (ish) so I don't suspect that's the culprit, but I noticed on my shifter that there is no bushing on the end. Fortunately no sign of actual wear on the ball, but still, no shifter bushing. It's too bad Marlin Crawler doesn't offer their HD shifter seats and bushings for H55F trannies. Ah well. New OEM on the way from Partsouq....

Just adding this for the sake of information. I popped in the new shifter seat. Don't think I needed it because the old one didn't look worn at all but I figured what the hell, now I'll know how old it is if I start getting any slop. Since the bushing was so cheap I also ordered the larger shift bushing from Marlin Crawler (Heavy Duty Sockets | Marlin Crawler, Inc. - MCTM-532) so I could compare. It does feel slightly different than the OEM Toyota bushing. The Marlin bushing is said to be made of delrin, which is incredibly wear resistant. I imagine the Toyota bushing is some high density nylon. I tried both and as expected felt no difference in shifter movement between the two. I'm sure the Toyota bushing would last a good long time. I tried it first then swapped it out to try the Marlin bushing. Since I felt no difference I just left the Marlin bushing in and kept the Toyota bushing as a spare should I ever need it.

Some pics for comparison. Marlin bushing on the right, Toyota on the left.

Bushing 01.jpg

Bushing 02.jpg

Bushing 03.jpg

Marlin bushing on my shifter

Bushing 04 - On Shifter.jpg

was this a new H55 that was just installed?

either way the shifter bushing should have been there upon installation, a month ago?

seems you keep having little "issues" with this install, which you should not be having to deal with.

The Toyota shifter bushing will outlast the transmission. I took a look at mine at 250,000 miles and it still looked brand new

was this a new H55 that was just installed?

either way the shifter bushing should have been there upon installation, a month ago?

seems you keep having little "issues" with this install, which you should not be having to deal with.
It wasn't in place when I took the truck to have the swap done. I didn't realize at the time that it actually needed a bushing (just knew about the seat, which it had one in place) until I drove it and felt a lot of slop in the shifter when in gear. Not too worried about it. It was an $8 part and works and feels great now. I can't imagine any swap won't have minor bugs during/after installation. I haven't encountered anything worth driving it 300 miles back to the shop to be fixed yet. Just some minor things I was able to fix or modify easily myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom