H55F Shift Bushing Quick Question... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Howdy 'Mud,

Gonna rip my cruiser to the desert soon, and was just doing a few things to get her ready.

Ended up throwing in a transmission shifter seat bushing (toyota P/N 33505-60011) to remedy an ***EXTREMELY RARE** first gear pop-out condition on decel at @orangefj45 's suggestion.

Wanted to confirm; For a H55F, do I install BOTH the BLUE and BLACK bushings?

See photo:
The LEFT bushing (BLUE when new) is already installed, and is identical to left bushing shown here, which came out of my tranny.
The RIGHT bushing (NEW, and BLACK)) appears to be a riser, and wasn't installed, as when I dug the left bushing out there wasn't a duplicate in there.

Got any 411 mud?
ffviZYBGQcWrsxyeb+u1XQ.jpg

There's only one rubber shift lever seat and it's laminated. It looks like your old one split in two.

There's only one rubber shift lever seat and it's laminated. It looks like your old one split in two.

So, that little black bushing at right should go into the top, under the blue, yes?

(It came WITH the blue, I just didn't install it)

The H55F shift lever only uses one seat for the lever. Maybe what you've got in your hand in the picture above is a delaminated one - split in two pieces.

Install one new seat (it's blue) under the shift lever ball and that's it. Marked as PNC # 33556F in the picture below

image.png

Don't know if these will work in the H series transmissions ... Anyone wanna try ? ;)

Maybe what you've got in your hand in the picture above is a delaminated one - split in two pieces.

Install one new seat (it's blue) under the shift lever ball and that's it. Marked as PNC # 33556F in the picture below

Gotcha.

Again, to be super-super-super clear, as that photo is misleading, and I don't think I'm communicating well...

THE SEAL ON THE LEFT in the picture was what was IN THE TRANSMISSION.
THE SEAL ON THE RIGHT in the picture is the BASE 1/2 from the NEWLY 1/2 INSTALLED SEAL (P/N 33505-60011)

I have already installed the Blue TOP part of the new part, which was as @OSS suspected, split into two pieces in the bag.

My question is simply... do I pop the shift boot back off and install the SEAL ON THE RIGHT (New 1/2 of PN 33505-60011) with the new Blue seal already installed?

...I assume I do, and I've done a 1/2 install, but wanted to b sure.

Don't know if these will work in the H series transmissions ... Anyone wanna try ? ;)

Unfortunately all are way too small for an H55F. TBH though, I don't think this is a part that requires a high performance upgrade. Change out the OEM every few years and you're golden. Only thing an upgraded one would get you is likely not the occasional change out. The Marlin seat though does not have that "skirt" on the bottom to keep excess oil from splashing up around the shift ball. Not sure if that feature is REALLY needed, but I figure the Toyota engineers implemented it for a reason.

I also compared the Marlin shift bushing (the little white one) to the OEM Toyota, and dimensionally they're identical (the Marlin is just a hair taller, but not in a way that affects anything at all), but the Toyota felt like maybe a nylon part while the Marlin is claimed (feels that way to me too) to be delrin, which is far more resistant to wear over time. Again, not something I think you gain much out of function wise by going high performance. Cant remember the price of the OEM Toyota bushing, but the Marlin was just under $8 so it's certainly not expensive.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom