H55F prices (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

goodtwin

SILVER Star
Threads
Hey, I’m curious if you guys know what the going rate is for a new H55F?
Toyota of Seattle wants $3300 and I could pick it up tomorrow. But that sounds a little steep.
Any other ideas?
I think my transmission needs a rebuild, so I’m just gonna buy new and swap in a new unit.

Toyota MSRP is $3,064.34

So, you are getting hosed-- they have a price escalator at play. I'd recommend that they stop being greedy schisters.

Will they match pricing from on-line sources? If not, walk.

Currently, 8 in the US. 24 inbound from the mothership.

Screen Shot 2020-04-02 at 16.21.51.png

Haha. I figured that was a little rich.

I’m guessing they won’t price match online prices because the posted prices probably don’t include shipping. But I’ll give it a try.

Thank you!

To put inflation into perspective. I purchased a new H55F transmission in 1989 using a Toyota employee's discount. Nobody stocked them in the US so it had to be special ordered from Japan. I picked it up at the Regional Torrance Toyota headquarters at their receiving dock. Cost me $1250 back then.

Cruiser outfitters has for $2700ish, plus shipping might end up being a wash though

I recently paid about 3100 for one from Redline cruisers, but shipping was a few hundred (from CO to TX)

I bought from valley hybrids. Market pricing with great service.

Toyota MSRP is $3,064.34

So, you are getting hosed-- they have a price escalator at play. I'd recommend that they stop being greedy schisters.

Will they match pricing from on-line sources? If not, walk.

Currently, 8 in the US. 24 inbound from the mothership.

View attachment 2257897

Yeah! @Onur, I called several Toyota dealerships today and one (Toyota of Bellevue) here close by quoted me even more on the price ($4300.00). But it's a ritzy pretty expensive place over there.
The further I got away from Seattle, the cheaper the quote. Bellingham WA Toyota quoted me the exact number of $3064.34 that you said is the MSRP.

Anyways, thanks for all of the input everybody! This has been helpful!

Yeah! @Onur, I called several Toyota dealerships today and one (Toyota of Bellevue) here close by quoted me even more on the price ($4300.00). But it's a ritzy pretty expensive place over there.
The further I got away from Seattle, the cheaper the quote. Bellingham WA Toyota quoted me the exact number of $3064.34 that you said is the MSRP.

Try Mike Stonebraker @ lake city toyota they have a 20% discount on parts if we mention the seattlecruiserheads group.

Did you give them a call?

Try Mike Stonebraker @ lake city toyota they have a 20% discount on parts if we mention the seattlecruiserheads group.

Did you give them a call?

No! But thanks for the tip. I will call them up!
Thank you!

Several of our local Toyota dealerships in the area offer a 20% discount for simply ordering parts through their on-line store for local pickup. Everything is negotiable so my Customers constantly tell me. I had an offer on my phone for a 23% discount on parts from an out-of-town dealer which I was able to get my preferred local dealer to match. Think I paid around $2,400 out the door couple months ago. Parts Manager said that was pretty much their cost.

Toyota of Bellevue is very pleased to meet themselves. I have tried a number of times to get them to budge on their parts pricing, and they just won't budge, so I have always gone elsewhere - usually online. I ordered a replacement sun roof for my 4 Runner from Parts Souq out of Dubai that was 1/3 of what Bellvue wanted even when shipping from the middle east was factored in.

Cruiser outfitters has for $2700ish, plus shipping might end up being a wash though

No tax :D

We keep both the F/H version and the 1HZ version on the shelf. We'd love to help. We can build with new transfer cases too!

IMG_7145.JPG

Gosh, that looks so sexy sitting there on the pallet like that!! All shiny clean and painted. What is the price on that H55 and transfer case anyway, Kirk?

IMHO it is best to get it from one of the guys here who can bolt it all together new (H55) and rebuilt (transfer). You have far less to **** up when you start with something that has been put together by someone who does it all the time. That was how I did it and am sure I could of saved a little by running around and finding the cheapest source, but the peace of mind and someone to call during the rest of the install was worth far more than what I might have saved.

Kirk, pm me a price on a H55F, Also shifter and whatever else I might need to bolt to my tcase. bout time I pulled the trigger.

Give us a call or email at the shop, the sales guys can get you an assembled total with the parts you want (there are options) and accurate shipping to your locale. Component pricing is shown above. Assembled new trans/Tcase units kickoff ~ $4500

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom