H55F cheapest source? toy part #? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Pricing an H55F with shifter, saw CCOT's kit is about 2400 as I have an early split case and will need the bolts, I checked with El Cajon via a reference here on mud and they said they can't get them as the outfit that makes them is way behind? Never talked to the guy who was referenced in the link. I have yet to check with CruiserDan..
How much did you pay and where did you get it (new)TIA

Talk to Cruiserdan and get the bolts from him too. CCoT is FOS about this issue since it isn't an issue.

Dan will get you the goods and all the stuff you need with it for a fair price. What year t-case are you putting behind it?

Cruiserparts sells them new (2k) and it's free shipping I believe.

x2 on cruiserparts - I'll probably go with them when I'm in the market.

Im considering this as well...
Cruiserparts also has USED units. Is there anything wrong with using the used ones.
I see lots of folks using the new ones as opposed to the used ones and I was wondering if there was a reason for it that Im not seeing, aside from the obvious.

Thanks,

Chicago

SOR is having a sale on rebuilt H55 - T'case combo.

Im considering this as well...
Cruiserparts also has USED units. Is there anything wrong with using the used ones.
I see lots of folks using the new ones as opposed to the used ones and I was wondering if there was a reason for it that Im not seeing, aside from the obvious.

Thanks,

Chicago

I wouldnt buy the used ones unless the price allows for a rebuild. The used units will be from countries like Oz that have had them for over 20 years and most will have 300000+ klms.
They will likely have synchro problems in 1s t and 2nd and 5th gear will howl like a banshee if its not jumping out.
$2k Is a good price for a new box,I wish I could get them here for that;)

You'll get more or less the same price both from Cdan and cruiserparts but cdan is not shipping them anymore (at least when I checked with him a while back), you have to arrange your own shipping, so it should be easier to get it from cruiserparts assuming they will deliver because i have heard some negative comments on them, never deal with them personally though.

cruiserparts is where I got mine. Service is eh, but not the worst out there...

Since Cruiserparts is getting mentioned I'll chime in on my experience with them. I've ordered 3 or 4 times and they've never let me down, but be patient with them and don't expect any communication. I order on line and about 3 weeks later my stuff shows up. I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them, but if you're not comfortable with their business style find someplace else.

dude, if you noticed, its a 4 speed and the t-case. the H55 is a 5 speed. thats not the same thing, not by a long shot

No. No. No.

The H55 combo will be 20% off ( on hand stock, only) for one week in May, if you're a SOR club member.

Thanks for watchin' out for me, though... ;)

As I wrote on March 3rd, I bought mine and had it installed by James and his team at Cruiserparts.net.
Very satisfied. Enjoying the new transmission. Whole new experience!!

Call Toyota of El Cajon in the San Diego area and ask for Cris Wertz, he hooked me up w/ mine for $1700 out the door, new /shifter, seals, cup etc. It was complete and it's the sweetest mod you can make besides an OME lift.

Talk to Cruiserdan and get the bolts from him too. CCoT is FOS about this issue since it isn't an issue.

Dan will get you the goods and all the stuff you need with it for a fair price. What year t-case are you putting behind it?

AFAIK the case was off of an 82-4, no spacer behind the tranny... Are there other differences?

Thanks for the replies.. I am hoping to put a diesel in front of one. I wouldn't want to go through all the hassle and then have a used unit that might fail anytime soon.
I checked out Cruiserparts.net and was trying to find the H55f and didn't, will try again.
I checked SOR's sight out and the "club" thing bugs me.. I suppose if the discount was deep enough then in would be worth it. Their used or serviced units looked more expensive than CCoT tho'.
Has anyone bothered with a "McNamara" gear while they were swapping this out- I think that is what they call it, it has full contact on the output shaft vs. partial like the OEM gear?
Also afaik the h55f needs a 3FE bellhousing or some minor modifying of the face on a 2f housing correct? IF so would the same be true if a V8 chevy adapter be true on the 5speed?

Thanks for the replies.. I am hoping to put a diesel in front of one. I wouldn't want to go through all the hassle and then have a used unit that might fail anytime soon.
I checked out Cruiserparts.net and was trying to find the H55f and didn't, will try again.
I checked SOR's sight out and the "club" thing bugs me.. I suppose if the discount was deep enough then in would be worth it. Their used or serviced units looked more expensive than CCoT tho'.
Has anyone bothered with a "McNamara" gear while they were swapping this out- I think that is what they call it, it has full contact on the output shaft vs. partial like the OEM gear?
Also afaik the h55f needs a 3FE bellhousing or some minor modifying of the face on a 2f housing correct? IF so would the same be true if a V8 chevy adapter be true on the 5speed?

H55f bolts right up to a 2F or 3F or 3FE, also a 2H Bell Housing.

I have 2 here. One heading for CO/NJ depending on final destination and one for my own truck. I can get another if you need $1500Aus working when removed. Shipping once in the USA at your expense.
https://forum.ih8mud.com/40-55-series-tech/174834-rescue-me.html

100_3893.jpg

100_3670.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom