H55F --> Bellhousing alignment dowels? Cant find them anywhere. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys. Im putting an H55F into my 40, and my new transmission didnt come with the alignment dowels that center it on the bellhousing. The old ones on my 4 speed are in very rough shape (trany was from a wrecker).

If anyone knows where I could track down a set of alignment dowels/pins I would be incredibly grateful.

Hi guys. Im putting an H55F into my 40, and my new transmission didnt come with the alignment dowels that center it on the bellhousing. The old ones on my 4 speed are in very rough shape (trany was from a wrecker).

If anyone knows where I could track down a set of alignment dowels/pins I would be incredibly grateful.
I made a set with long grade 8 bolts. Cut the hex head off and use a hacksaw to cut a slot in the top for a flathead screwdriver. Changer the ends so the transmission slides into place easier. I installed my H55f by myself using them.

Also, make sure the alignment bolts are seated fully into the bell housing so they don’t move out of alignment when the weight of the transmission is applied to it.

On the 3F bellhousing that the H55F is designed to mate with, the bellhousing has two short stubby dowels pressed into its mating surface to finalize alignment for the last 1/4". The H55F doesn't have alignment dowels on its front face. Use the cut bolt method described above by @cps432

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom